Laser Eye Surgery/THIN CORNEAL SCAR

Question
QUESTION: I am Mhes, happily married with 3 kids. I am 30 years old. I had LASIK done on both eyes last September 8 of this year. And this has been the start of my ordeal. I had DLK on my right eye and was treated 1 week after the surgery. I had Predforte every hour and some other drops. DLK is now healed but left a central scar on my anterior stroma (cornea)-right eye only. I would just like to ask for another opinion since I already got a lot from different doctors and they are saying the same thing-that my cornea scar is very thin and they are all positive that it will vanish overtime. But one of the doctors that I consulted told me that it may not vanish at all and this gives me scary thoughts. I know that I just have to be patient. I'm having difficulty with my everyday life now since I have blurred, hazy vision, starbursts, halos on my right eye. My work entails computer usage the whole day. I sometimes wonder how soon does a cornea scar heal especially when it's not thick (a very thin one according to my doctors, cornea specialists). Is it really possible that it will vanish overtime? Iím scared that it will not fade away. I'm young and everything's healthy and normal except for this scar. The thickness of my cornea was checked-normal and even the topography. I'm having PredForte 4x/day and Vigamox 2x/day and Duotrav and Maxitrol before I sleep. I hope that everything will be back to normal in the soonest possible time... I am praying very hard for this. I hope you can share some positive insights. Thanks. God bless.

I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks in advance!

Dr Mannu c Rajnani
Dr Mannu c Rajnani  
ANSWER: Dear MHES SALIGUMBA

tHANK YOU for the enquiry

What tretament has been give by your eye specialists are PERFECT and ofcourse such scars definitely go OFF over period of time and the time factor depends on your body response, ofcourse it is mandatory you rule out any corneal folds and also Anterior segment OCT to rule out any and since you are on steroids it is again mandatory to visit your eye specialist for regular INTRAOCULAR pressure check up incase any secondary glaucoma develops one thing you must keep in mind your operating SURGEOn is your best friend and he knows what exactly si worng and he is best person to treat you so please dont go window shopping you will get more confused, will pray that you become better faster and please keep me posted

if you any further questions please revert back to me on my email address at "manulasereye@yahoo.com"
thanking you
Dr Mannu C Rajnani
Dr Mannu's Laser Eye Surgery Center
1st Floor Sarasati Society, Plot 433, TPS 3,
15th Road, Khar(West), Mumbai 400052.INDIA
Tel: 91-22-26006801-26004467 & 26007828
reply          manulasereye@gmail.com

QUESTION: Thank You for this very positive response. Yes, I regularly go to my doctor-now, it is every two weeks. I am happy to see that your answer gives me HOPE that with patience, this SCAR in my center CORNEA will eventually go OFF. There are sites telling that scars don't really go away. There are cases that they do fade away right (experiential)? My scar measures 1.6mm x 1mm as of last week. Thin or thick-the problem is the location. So for me to see clearly again, the scar should vanish in time. Thanks.I'll keep you posted.

Answer
Dr Mannu Rajnani
Dr Mannu Rajnani  

Dr Mannu Rajnani
Dr Mannu Rajnani  
Dear MHES SALIGUMBA

tHANK YOU for the enquiry

It is so nice of you to respond back and keep me updated about your follow up and improvement very few people do once their work is over and i really appreciate your efforts and just have lots and lots of patience and once your eye vision improves you will be happier ofcourse keep following up with your operating surgeon whatever time it takes and dont read too much on the internet , meanwhile is it possible to send me pictures of your scar in my email .

thanking you
Dr Mannu C Rajnani
Dr Mannu's Laser Eye Surgery Center
Tel: 91-22-26006801-26004467 & 26007828
reply          manulasereye@gmail.com  

Laser Eye Surgery

Dr Mannu C Rajnani