Laser Eye Surgery/bull eye maculopathy

Question
respected doctor i have bulls eye maculopathy diagnosed by a b.h.u eye surgeon.i have both eye power -9 . can its treatment is possible in india or elswhere?

Answer
Dear Shipra.

Bulls eye maculopathy is a heriditary and genetic disorder.
However, it is also known to be associated with other conditions such as cone dystrophy, Stargardt’s disease or due to medications such as chloroquine.

I would recommend that you seek the care of a retinal specialist to determine the cause and treatment possibilities.

Sankara Netralaya is one of the more advanced retinal institutes in Chennai. You may write to them for advise.

Best
Anand Shroff
www.shroffeye.org

Laser Eye Surgery

Dr Anand Shroff, MD, FICS