Laser Eye Surgery/bull eye maculopathy

respected doctor i have bulls eye maculopathy diagnosed by a b.h.u eye surgeon.i have both eye power -9 . can its treatment is possible in india or elswhere?

Dear Shipra.

Bulls eye maculopathy is a heriditary and genetic disorder.
However, it is also known to be associated with other conditions such as cone dystrophy, Stargardt’s disease or due to medications such as chloroquine.

I would recommend that you seek the care of a retinal specialist to determine the cause and treatment possibilities.

Sankara Netralaya is one of the more advanced retinal institutes in Chennai. You may write to them for advise.

Anand Shroff

Laser Eye Surgery

Dr Anand Shroff, MD, FICS

I am happy to answer any questions on eye care. My expertise is in Laser Eye surgery (LASIK, Epi LASIK), Multifocal Implants, Cataract, Glaucoma and procedures for Corneal abnormalities like Keratoconus - Corneal Collagen Crosslinking C3R

OF LASIK, We are one of the first centres to use the wavefront guided LASIK or custom LASIK procedures and the only center in India using the most safest,accurate and fastest excimer laser in the world- 'The Wavelight Concerto, 500 Hz laser'. Doctors from various parts of the world train with me and few other experts in Germany each year on our wavefront procedures. Our centre is the first eye hospital to be awarded the highest certfication in healthcare- the Joint Commission International (JCI from USA) and is also the referral centre for our Wavelight Laser Technologies, Germany in India. We have treated patients from 89 countries and this list keeps growing as more and more patients are getting increasingly aware of the benefits of treatment with advanced technology in laser eye surgery.

ASCRS [American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery]certified by USA- Joint Commission International

MD Ophthalmology and FICS [Fellow of the International College of Surgeons]

please see and