Laser Eye Surgery/Lasik Eye power correction

Question
I am 32 year old man from Chennai and interested to correct my eye power to avoid glass.

Currently my eye power is  -2.5 cylindrical power in both the eyes with 80Degree axis in left eye.

1) How cylindrical power correction is differing from Spherical power correct?

2) What is the average cost for my eye power correction?

3) What are the different type of laser surgery for cylindrical power and cost in India?

4) Currently I am unable to face the opposite vehicle headlights, is this issue will be cleared after Lasik eye surgery?

5) Is it possible to correct the eye power without surgery by taking health food and exercise?

Karthikeyan T

Answer
Hi
The only way of correcting your eye power is by Lasik or other refractive surgery. Health foods and medicines have no role in reducing or correcting your number. There are various Lasik procedures which include, customized or standard, with microkeratome flap or Femtolaser flap etc. the centre you visit for your pre lasik evaluation will give you details of these procedures and the one best suited for you. The cost varies from centre to centre and also depends upon the type of the procedure. On an average it can vary from 15000 to 50000 per eye.

Laser Eye Surgery

Nitin Balakrishnan