Laser Eye Surgery/Lasik eye Power correction

I am 32 year old man from Chennai and interested to correct my eye power to avoid glass.

Currently my eye power is  -2.5 cylindrical power in both the eyes with 80Degree axis in left eye.

1) How cylindrical power correction is differing from Spherical power correct?

2) What is the average cost for my eye power correction?

3) What are the different type of laser surgery for cylindrical power and cost in India?

4) Currently I am unable to face the opposite vehicle headlights, is this issue will be cleared after Lasik eye surgery?

5) Is it possible to correct the eye power without surgery by taking health food and exercise?

Karthikeyan T

Dear Karthikeyan,

Thank you for your query.

Whether your spherical and/ or cylindrical powers are accurate, only an examination with a good optometrist or ophthlmologist will determine this. Minus powers or Myopia is what is reflected as Spherical powers. Cylindrical powers are due to irregularity of the surface of the eye - cornea, which is also called Astigmatism.

Please go through for details on our LASIK procedure and write to for details on costing and process with our centre.

Best REgards,
Dr Anand Shroff

Laser Eye Surgery

Dr Anand Shroff, MD, FICS

I am happy to answer any questions on eye care. My expertise is in Laser Eye surgery (LASIK, Epi LASIK), Multifocal Implants, Cataract, Glaucoma and procedures for Corneal abnormalities like Keratoconus - Corneal Collagen Crosslinking C3R

OF LASIK, We are one of the first centres to use the wavefront guided LASIK or custom LASIK procedures and the only center in India using the most safest,accurate and fastest excimer laser in the world- 'The Wavelight Concerto, 500 Hz laser'. Doctors from various parts of the world train with me and few other experts in Germany each year on our wavefront procedures. Our centre is the first eye hospital to be awarded the highest certfication in healthcare- the Joint Commission International (JCI from USA) and is also the referral centre for our Wavelight Laser Technologies, Germany in India. We have treated patients from 89 countries and this list keeps growing as more and more patients are getting increasingly aware of the benefits of treatment with advanced technology in laser eye surgery.

ASCRS [American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery]certified by USA- Joint Commission International

MD Ophthalmology and FICS [Fellow of the International College of Surgeons]

please see and