Laser Eye Surgery/LASIK vs cataract surgery

Question
I had a recent LASIK consultation, and I was told that I had a cataract in my right eye.  I have opted to have the cataract removed and have a toric IOL lens put in.  The doctor told me that I could have LASIK performed on my left eye, or I could have cataract surgety done on it also, despite the fact that I have no cataract in the left.  Does this sound wise, and why would one opt to have cataract surgery performed on an eye with no cataracts?

Answer
Dr Mannu C Rajnani
Dr Mannu C Rajnani  

Dr Mannu C Rajnani
Dr Mannu C Rajnani  
Dear MICHAEL

tHANK YOU for the enquiry

Since you have been told you have cataract in right eye what i do is implant the intraocular lens as you rightly said and your right eye will become near zero and since you had gone for lasik consultation obviously you have higher power in left eye for which you are planning to do lasik and since right eye once operated will be near zero and high power in left eye will NOT get balanced so you have 2 options one is lasik now and cataract later and also since you have developed cataract in right eye you will develop cataract in left eye also sooner so instead of doing 2 surgeries what i do is remove cataract or so called early cataract or clear lens extraction so that both your eyes balance well

if you any further questions please revert back to me on my email address at "manulasereye@gmail.com"
thanking you
Dr Mannu C Rajnani
Dr Mannu Laser Eye Surgeries
1st Floor Sarasati Society, Plot 433, TPS 3,
15th Road, Khar(West), Mumbai 400052.INDIA
Tel: 91-22-26006801-26004467 & 26007828
reply          mannulasereye@gmail.com  

Laser Eye Surgery

Dr Mannu C Rajnani