Laser Eye Surgery/what is the last possible power after laser eye surgery

Hello Doctor,
I am 19 years old,I have 2 questions to ask. My questions to you is,what is the best age to have laser eye surgery and my power is
Left eye-9.50 and Right eye-8.50,so if I will be operated, what is the chance, will it get fully treated or there are some possibilities some power may remain. Hoping for your answer soon.

Thank You.

Dear Junaed,

Thank you for your query.
The best age to undergo LASIK is when your powers have remained stable for at least a year. Usually this happens after age 18 years. However, in some, as physical growth continues, the spectacle powers may also change. Since LASIK is done as a permanent correction, one would like to conduct this procedure only when the chances of needing re treatment are least.

I would advise that you to undergo a LASIK evaluation first to determine other factors which play a role in eligibility of the procedure.
You can plan the treatment accordingly.

if any further doubts, please read more about LASIK on

Please call +91 22 66921000 if in Mumbai and need an evaluation for the same.

Kind regards,
Anand Shroff

Laser Eye Surgery

Dr Anand Shroff, MD, FICS

I am happy to answer any questions on eye care. My expertise is in Laser Eye surgery (LASIK, Epi LASIK), Multifocal Implants, Cataract, Glaucoma and procedures for Corneal abnormalities like Keratoconus - Corneal Collagen Crosslinking C3R

OF LASIK, We are one of the first centres to use the wavefront guided LASIK or custom LASIK procedures and the only center in India using the most safest,accurate and fastest excimer laser in the world- 'The Wavelight Concerto, 500 Hz laser'. Doctors from various parts of the world train with me and few other experts in Germany each year on our wavefront procedures. Our centre is the first eye hospital to be awarded the highest certfication in healthcare- the Joint Commission International (JCI from USA) and is also the referral centre for our Wavelight Laser Technologies, Germany in India. We have treated patients from 89 countries and this list keeps growing as more and more patients are getting increasingly aware of the benefits of treatment with advanced technology in laser eye surgery.

ASCRS [American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery]certified by USA- Joint Commission International

MD Ophthalmology and FICS [Fellow of the International College of Surgeons]

please see and