Laser Eye Surgery/Corneal Tattoo

Hello,i'm facing this problem from age of three.I just want to tell what exactly happened,while i was small i got hit by a ball and my retina got damaged i cant see from left eye and as i grew my cornea color has changed,i had undergone a surgery they just removed a small white kind of substance from the retina and it was fine at that point of time and i still cant see but years past away slowly slowly the color of my left eye has changed from Brown to Blue and now its almost white color.Now my age is 28+ and i'm really not bothered about my vision for my left eye but believe it or not i'm feed up of answering to everyone.I'm glad to say but i have 6/6 Right eye vision.Currently i'm using cosmetic lens from past 10yrs and i face problem with lens and after i started wearing lens color problem started and now i want a solution i want to go ahead for Corneal Tattoo so that at least for few yrs i wont have this lens problem.I have been to Shankar Nethralaya in Chennai and L.V.Prasad in hyderabad but i dint get any solution.I request you Doctor to give a solution apart from lens.I'm awaiting for response.Thank you.

Dear Vineel,
Sorry for the delayed reply.
As per your query, you need to firstly understand that vision is basically from the optic nerve and the retina. In your case, you have been already examined in 2 great eye centres in india, and I am sure that there is some irreversible cause that has been discovered due to which vision cannot be regained.
regarding the cosmetic treatment, yes, there are many lenses available, which range from scleral lenses to other specially designed kinds.
Corneal tattos are not recommended by most doctors due to its long term risk of inducing cancer and other such issues.

However, I would recommend you visit us when you are in Mumbai next, and meet Dr Jatin Asher, our specialist in cornea for such reasons and take it further from there.

You may call us on +91 66921000 at Shroff Eye Hospital for the same.

Best Regards,
Dr Anand Shroff

Laser Eye Surgery

Dr Anand Shroff, MD, FICS

I am happy to answer any questions on eye care. My expertise is in Laser Eye surgery (LASIK, Epi LASIK), Multifocal Implants, Cataract, Glaucoma and procedures for Corneal abnormalities like Keratoconus - Corneal Collagen Crosslinking C3R

OF LASIK, We are one of the first centres to use the wavefront guided LASIK or custom LASIK procedures and the only center in India using the most safest,accurate and fastest excimer laser in the world- 'The Wavelight Concerto, 500 Hz laser'. Doctors from various parts of the world train with me and few other experts in Germany each year on our wavefront procedures. Our centre is the first eye hospital to be awarded the highest certfication in healthcare- the Joint Commission International (JCI from USA) and is also the referral centre for our Wavelight Laser Technologies, Germany in India. We have treated patients from 89 countries and this list keeps growing as more and more patients are getting increasingly aware of the benefits of treatment with advanced technology in laser eye surgery.

ASCRS [American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery]certified by USA- Joint Commission International

MD Ophthalmology and FICS [Fellow of the International College of Surgeons]

please see and