Laser Eye Surgery/Doubts in Lasik Treatment

Question
My name is Shahul Hameed. I am working as a software engineer. I am wearing spex (nearsighted left eye:-3.75 & right eye:-2.75) for the last 10 years. I am having an idea to do a lasik treatment. But before the scanning, doctor is suggested me to do barrage laser treatment (for hole/scratches in both the eyes).  I am in confusion to do that.

Just reply for the certain questions,

1) What is the root cause for Eye hole/scratches?
2) Is this mandatory to do that? If we didn't take this treatment, what is the effect?
3) Is there ay possibility of Minor scratches to be increased (major)?
4) For my sight power, Lasik treatment is mandatory or optional?
5) What are the precautions i should follow, if this same should not happen again in the future?

Answer
Dear SHAHUL HAMID

tHANK YOU for the enquRY

ROOT CAUSE IS YOUR MYOPIC REFRACTORY ERROR WHICH STRETCHES THE RETINA AND CAUSES GAPS

YES IT IS MANDATORY OTHERWISE THE GAPS WILL INCREASE AND RETINA MAY GET DETACHED

YES THAT IS THE REASON WHY THIS LASER IS ADVISED OTHERWISE IT WILL INCREASE AND MAY BE LEAD TO COMPLETE RETINA GETTING DETACHED

IT IS OPTIONAL AND YOUR VWISH TO GET LASIK DONE OR NO

5) What are the precautions i should follow, if this same should not happen again in the future? PERIODIC EYE EXAMINATION NOT FROM OPTICIAN BUT YOUR EYE SURGEON AND CONSULTANT AND BETTER WORKING ENVIRONMENT LIKE READING IN PROPER LIGHT AND OFCOURSE LOTS OF GREEN LEAFY VEGETABLES

if you any further questions please revert back to me on my email address at "manulasereye@gmail.com"
thanking you
Dr Mannu C Rajnani
Dr Mannu Laser Eye Surgeries
1st Floor Sarasati Society, Plot 433, TPS 3,
15th Road, Khar(West), Mumbai 400052.INDIA
Tel: 91-22-26006801-26004467 & 26007828
reply          mannulasereye@gmail.com

Laser Eye Surgery

Dr Mannu C Rajnani