Laser Eye Surgery/Facing lots of problem after Lasik

Question
QUESTION: Hello Dr.
I had done lasik in both eyes 6 months ago , my power in both eyes were -1.75 spherical , after 6 month of surgery my left eye is -0.75 cylindrical n right eye is -0.5 ,
N also i fell my eyes dry all time , n my night vision is also very poor ,, cant even drive at night ,due to glare n halos ,, m very depressed need ur help

ANSWER: Dear Ravi,

This will need an eye examination to know whether the poor night vision is due to the dryness of eyes (which has a specific dry eye test) or is it because of the small refractive power.

If you were to use the corrected power in the night (use the glasses of that power)esp while driving and the vision improves, it may still make sense to use the glasses for safety and clear vision, until the time your doctor decides to re treat the residual power.

In spite of the glasses, if your symptoms exist at night, then this may not be because of the residual power and may be due to the dry eyes, which also needs a step wise management starting from simple artificial tears or lubricating eye drops

Basically, the symptoms can be managed, you need to just find out what helps, and take the necessary steps.

Best,
Dr Shroff
www.lasikindia.in

QUESTION: Thank u so much Dr.
But i am not mentally ready for the re-treat , becoz i think it will cause my dry problem worse ,, will it ?
N right now i m using homeopathic eye drops EUPHRASIA for dry eyes from last 3 days, one homeopathic doctor suggested me , is it ok to use this drops? N which type of dry eye test u talking about? Plz tell me,so that i can discuss with my surgen,

Answer
Dear Ravi,

One can undergo a specific Dry Eye Test which involves TBUT- Tear Break Up Time, Schirmers Test and also check the quality of tears under the slit lamp. Any good corneal specialist shouls be able to help.
If there is dry eye, it has to be graded into mild, moderate or severe as treatment varies.

Accordingly, one can consider re treatment.

best,
Anand

Laser Eye Surgery

Dr Anand Shroff, MD, FICS