Laser Eye Surgery/retinal problem

Since my birth i have got is due to the thin layer of retina..which is deteroriating continously..and i am wearing glass of -20 D there any treatment to reduce this problem..i have heard about refractive surgery and clear lens extraction..can it be helpful to me..i will be thankful to you if u sugges me the right way

With a Refractive error of -20, it seems highly unlikely that a Refractive procedure like Lasik, will help in correcting your ref. error totally. Though clear lens extraction is an available option, an ICL surgery (implantable contact lens ) would be a better option if your primary physician finds you fit for the same. You need to discuss the pros and the cons of both these procedures, as applicable to you, with him,  

Laser Eye Surgery

Nitin Balakrishnan

Can answer questions on all aspects of LASIK Laser Vision Correction, Eximer Laser, Femtosecond Lasers, Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK), EpiLasik,Phototherapeutic Keratectomy (PTK), to name a few. Also well versed with Cataract and Intraocular Lens Implantation, Phakoemulsification, Glaucoma, and other common diseases of the anterior segment of the eye specifically the Cornea. Can also take questions, on alternative methods of correction of Refractive errors, like, Clear Lens Extraction, PRELEX, Phakic IOL implantations and ICL implants. Would prefer not to answer questions on the Retina, and posterior segment of the eye, leaving the Job to a Viteroretinal Expert.

Been in private practice as an Ophthalmologist for 25 years. Have performed tens of thousands of eye surgeries, like Phakoemulsification, LASIK Laser Vision Correction, Phakic IOL implantation, ICL implantation, Multifocal and Toric IOL implantation, to name a few. Been attached to Dr. Balabhai Nanavati Hospital, in Vile Parle, Mumbai currently,as the Head of the Ophthalmology Department, for about 20 years. Been the Founder and Chief Medical Director of Sai Deep Eye Clinic, and Crystal Vision Laser Centre at Santacruz and Vile Parle in Mumbai.

American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (ASCRS), European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (ESCRS),All India Ophthalmological Society (AIOS), Itraocular Implant and Refractive Society (IIRSI), Bombay Ophthalmologists Association (BOA).

Journal of Cataract and Reftactive Surgery, Eurotimes, Ocular Surgery News, Indian Journal of Ophthalmology.

M.S.(Ophthalmology), D.O.M.S, M.A.M.S(Vienna) Trained in Phakoemulsification and Laser Eye Surgery, in Italy and the United States.

Best Papers and Video Film awards in various National and International Conferences.