Laser Eye Surgery/Laser Barrage

Question
I am 61 years old and i was seeing occasional flashes and black thread moving in front of my left eye for last one weak. My father had retina detachment and my left eye power is - 3.5. I have been advised laser barrage. My question is 1)Is the treatment a must or is there any other form of cure? 2) After the treatment, will the flashes and the black thread go ? 3) Can similar thing happen in same eye again?

Answer
Dr Mannu C Rajnani
Dr Mannu C Rajnani  
Dear GAUTAM

THANK YOU for the follow up

What you have basically is thinning of retina which is causing your problem which can be precusor for retinal detachment

1] YES it is absolutely mandatory and necesery to undergo barrage laser immediately to prevent further damage
2] most likely symptoms will disappear but if they relapse you may need another laser  
3] YES it can happen in other eye thats why your eye doctor will always check both eyes and another most important you need to go for regular retina check up at least every 6 months

if you any further questions please revert back to me on my email address at "mannulasereye@gmail.com"
thanking you
Dr Mannu C Rajnani
Dr Mannu Laser Eye Surgeries
1st Floor Sarasati Society, Plot 433, TPS 3,
15th Road, Khar(West), Mumbai 400052.INDIA
Tel: 91-22-26006801-26004467 & 26007828
reply          mannulasereye@gmail.com

Laser Eye Surgery

Dr Mannu C Rajnani