Laser Eye Surgery/Laser Barrage for Retinal Hole

Dear Sir,
        During my recent visit to regular eye check-up , informed that my right eye has hole on retinal peripheral and recommended for Laser barrage treatment. Is there any specific test is required to identify this issue before taking laser treatment like OCT or some other test?.

Dear Jaya,

There are specific tests before any Argon laser which are usually Fundus Fluorescein Angiography to determine the area that needs the laser.
OCT is necessary to diagnose some specific retinal diseases.
However, the retinal surgeon will need to determine the same.

Please

Dr Shroff

Laser Eye Surgery

Dr Anand Shroff, MD, FICS

I am happy to answer any questions on eye care. My expertise is in Laser Eye surgery (LASIK, Epi LASIK), Multifocal Implants, Cataract, Glaucoma and procedures for Corneal abnormalities like Keratoconus - Corneal Collagen Crosslinking C3R

OF LASIK, We are one of the first centres to use the wavefront guided LASIK or custom LASIK procedures and the only center in India using the most safest,accurate and fastest excimer laser in the world- 'The Wavelight Concerto, 500 Hz laser'. Doctors from various parts of the world train with me and few other experts in Germany each year on our wavefront procedures. Our centre is the first eye hospital to be awarded the highest certfication in healthcare- the Joint Commission International (JCI from USA) and is also the referral centre for our Wavelight Laser Technologies, Germany in India. We have treated patients from 89 countries and this list keeps growing as more and more patients are getting increasingly aware of the benefits of treatment with advanced technology in laser eye surgery.

ASCRS [American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery]certified by USA- Joint Commission International

MD Ophthalmology and FICS [Fellow of the International College of Surgeons]

please see and