Laser Eye Surgery/Laser Barrage for Retinal Hole

Question
Dear Sir,
        During my recent visit to regular eye check-up , informed that my right eye has hole on retinal peripheral and recommended for Laser barrage treatment. Is there any specific test is required to identify this issue before taking laser treatment like OCT or some other test?.

Thanks,
Felix

Answer
Dear Jaya,

There are specific tests before any Argon laser which are usually Fundus Fluorescein Angiography to determine the area that needs the laser.
OCT is necessary to diagnose some specific retinal diseases.
However, the retinal surgeon will need to determine the same.

Please read more on www.shroffeye.org

Best
Dr Shroff

Laser Eye Surgery

Dr Anand Shroff, MD, FICS