Laser Eye Surgery/C3R

Dear Sir,

I got checked my eyes with Pentacam as well as Orbscan, The results differ:

Pentacam - <321 microns
Orbscan - 358 microns

Please suggest me two things, its the matter of my life.

1. If I believe on Pentacam results more than Orbscan, Is it still possible to treat the eyes with C3R using hypotonic riboflavin,
2. Is there any other technique available for C3R of thin cornea along with hypotonic riboflavin, and who is the best doctor in Delhi-NCR who can do any of these treatments.

I shall be highly -highly obliged sir, if you can respond men earliest and help me at the most crucial stage of my life.

Dear Megha,

Thank you for sharing the details of the Pentacam.
Yes, Pentacam is more sensitive than other Topography machines.
The minimum thickness required for even hypotonic riboflavin is 360 microns.
If the corneal thickness is thinner, then one can end up having complications, hence best avoided.
Please scan and email the topography reports to for me to take a closer look.

Dr Anand Shroff

Laser Eye Surgery

Dr Anand Shroff, MD, FICS

I am happy to answer any questions on eye care. My expertise is in Laser Eye surgery (LASIK, Epi LASIK), Multifocal Implants, Cataract, Glaucoma and procedures for Corneal abnormalities like Keratoconus - Corneal Collagen Crosslinking C3R

OF LASIK, We are one of the first centres to use the wavefront guided LASIK or custom LASIK procedures and the only center in India using the most safest,accurate and fastest excimer laser in the world- 'The Wavelight Concerto, 500 Hz laser'. Doctors from various parts of the world train with me and few other experts in Germany each year on our wavefront procedures. Our centre is the first eye hospital to be awarded the highest certfication in healthcare- the Joint Commission International (JCI from USA) and is also the referral centre for our Wavelight Laser Technologies, Germany in India. We have treated patients from 89 countries and this list keeps growing as more and more patients are getting increasingly aware of the benefits of treatment with advanced technology in laser eye surgery.

ASCRS [American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery]certified by USA- Joint Commission International

MD Ophthalmology and FICS [Fellow of the International College of Surgeons]

please see and