Laser Eye Surgery/C3R

Question
Dear Sir,

I got checked my eyes with Pentacam as well as Orbscan, The results differ:

Pentacam - <321 microns
Orbscan - 358 microns

Please suggest me two things, its the matter of my life.

1. If I believe on Pentacam results more than Orbscan, Is it still possible to treat the eyes with C3R using hypotonic riboflavin,
2. Is there any other technique available for C3R of thin cornea along with hypotonic riboflavin, and who is the best doctor in Delhi-NCR who can do any of these treatments.

I shall be highly -highly obliged sir, if you can respond men earliest and help me at the most crucial stage of my life.

Answer
Dear Megha,

Thank you for sharing the details of the Pentacam.
Yes, Pentacam is more sensitive than other Topography machines.
The minimum thickness required for even hypotonic riboflavin is 360 microns.
If the corneal thickness is thinner, then one can end up having complications, hence best avoided.
Please scan and email the topography reports to dranand@lasikindia.in for me to take a closer look.

Best
Dr Anand Shroff
www.lasikindia.in

Laser Eye Surgery

Dr Anand Shroff, MD, FICS