Laser Eye Surgery/LASER Eye surgery

I wants to go for Lasik procedure. I have -6.5 in each eye. After visiting Shroff eye site I found that they are using Concerto 500 Hz laser technology and stated that it is only Hospital in India having this technology.

Wanted to understand what is the difference between "Concerto 500 Hz laser technology" and "Allegrato Wavelight LASIK LASER -- a 500 Hz laser " ?

Dear Indu,

The Concerto, is the flagship of the Allegretto series. With 500 hertz it the fastest laser in the world. As a single laser to measure the corneal ablation in real time during the treatment, and can simultaneously detect the corneal moisture content during the treatment. This is LASIK to our patients more comfortable and safer and the results more precise.

The EX 500 is a further development of the existing Allegretto Wave Eye-Q laser technology. Just like the Concerto, it has a 500 hertz laser head and is equipped with a treatment time of only 1.4 seconds per diopter. However is next to the Concerto in speed.

The Concerto laser is a limited edition laser, on the top line of lasers from the same company with some safety checks and features unique to it.

However, I might just like to add that, it is not just the laser technology alone, but a combination with doctor's skills as well as your profile as an ideal candidate that determines success.

Do learn more on the advances in this field on

Dr Shroff  

Laser Eye Surgery

Dr Anand Shroff, MD, FICS

I am happy to answer any questions on eye care. My expertise is in Laser Eye surgery (LASIK, Epi LASIK), Multifocal Implants, Cataract, Glaucoma and procedures for Corneal abnormalities like Keratoconus - Corneal Collagen Crosslinking C3R

OF LASIK, We are one of the first centres to use the wavefront guided LASIK or custom LASIK procedures and the only center in India using the most safest,accurate and fastest excimer laser in the world- 'The Wavelight Concerto, 500 Hz laser'. Doctors from various parts of the world train with me and few other experts in Germany each year on our wavefront procedures. Our centre is the first eye hospital to be awarded the highest certfication in healthcare- the Joint Commission International (JCI from USA) and is also the referral centre for our Wavelight Laser Technologies, Germany in India. We have treated patients from 89 countries and this list keeps growing as more and more patients are getting increasingly aware of the benefits of treatment with advanced technology in laser eye surgery.

ASCRS [American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery]certified by USA- Joint Commission International

MD Ophthalmology and FICS [Fellow of the International College of Surgeons]

please see and