Laser Eye Surgery/LASER Eye surgery

Question
I wants to go for Lasik procedure. I have -6.5 in each eye. After visiting Shroff eye site I found that they are using Concerto 500 Hz laser technology and stated that it is only Hospital in India having this technology.

Wanted to understand what is the difference between "Concerto 500 Hz laser technology" and "Allegrato Wavelight LASIK LASER -- a 500 Hz laser " ?

Answer
Dear Indu,

The Concerto, is the flagship of the Allegretto series. With 500 hertz it the fastest laser in the world. As a single laser to measure the corneal ablation in real time during the treatment, and can simultaneously detect the corneal moisture content during the treatment. This is LASIK to our patients more comfortable and safer and the results more precise.

The EX 500 is a further development of the existing Allegretto Wave Eye-Q laser technology. Just like the Concerto, it has a 500 hertz laser head and is equipped with a treatment time of only 1.4 seconds per diopter. However is next to the Concerto in speed.

The Concerto laser is a limited edition laser, on the top line of lasers from the same company with some safety checks and features unique to it.

However, I might just like to add that, it is not just the laser technology alone, but a combination with doctor's skills as well as your profile as an ideal candidate that determines success.

Do learn more on the advances in this field on www.lasikindia.in

Best
Dr Shroff  

Laser Eye Surgery

Dr Anand Shroff, MD, FICS