Laser Eye Surgery/Lasik Surgery

Dear Sir,
I have -1.75 in left eye and -1.25 in right eye.This measure is stable along 4 years with the small changes about .25 in left eye.I hate wearing glasses.Can i go for LASIK treatment?Is it advisable for my vision?I am 22 years old.Or any other way to remove glasses?My doctor that LASIK has many disadvantages and it will increases my power after LASIK.Is it true?What is the way to remove my glasses.Please Give me the good suggestion.

With Regards,

Dear Praba,

By your age and spectacle correction, you can surely consider LASIK.

However, whether to undergo the procedure or not comes from the detailed eye examination with a good doctor.

For example, I have recommended LASIK for someone with even -10.00 D and advised against it for someone with - 2.00 D.  Hence, powers do not give an idea regarding eligibility, unless really high powers above -12.00 D

Read more about this procedure on or visit us if in Mumbai by calling +91 22 66921000

Anand Shroff (MS OPHTH, FICS)

Laser Eye Surgery

Dr Anand Shroff, MD, FICS

I am happy to answer any questions on eye care. My expertise is in Laser Eye surgery (LASIK, Epi LASIK), Multifocal Implants, Cataract, Glaucoma and procedures for Corneal abnormalities like Keratoconus - Corneal Collagen Crosslinking C3R

OF LASIK, We are one of the first centres to use the wavefront guided LASIK or custom LASIK procedures and the only center in India using the most safest,accurate and fastest excimer laser in the world- 'The Wavelight Concerto, 500 Hz laser'. Doctors from various parts of the world train with me and few other experts in Germany each year on our wavefront procedures. Our centre is the first eye hospital to be awarded the highest certfication in healthcare- the Joint Commission International (JCI from USA) and is also the referral centre for our Wavelight Laser Technologies, Germany in India. We have treated patients from 89 countries and this list keeps growing as more and more patients are getting increasingly aware of the benefits of treatment with advanced technology in laser eye surgery.

ASCRS [American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery]certified by USA- Joint Commission International

MD Ophthalmology and FICS [Fellow of the International College of Surgeons]

please see and