Laser Eye Surgery/DLK

Question
QUESTION: Hi there,
   Its me again. I hope that I am not a bothering you. Things have gotten worse. Throughout these months of dlk. I did much as I could with Predforte, Timolole, Restasis, Predosone 20mg, arificial tears, and refresh pm,  relifting the flap twice, plugs in tear drainage, going to the doctor every  Monday to keep close eye on me. I gave my doc so much trust. But my vision had gotten super worse. Family and friends became concern, so we all decided to get a second opinion by the cornea specialist. The cornea specialist gave me devastating news that the haze has become part of the cornea. Keep relifting the flap would do no good and it has scarring as well from going back and forth from relifting the flap. He also mention that my eye pressure was high(in the 30's). It made my heart sink to the floor. He said that my eye pressure is so high that he cannot determine what to do at the moment so he took me off of restasis and prednosone oral. He lowered my dosage on predforte to only 2x a day, Combigan 2x a day, lumigan before bedtime, artifical tears 3x a day. He told me that a cornea transplant is the last option but hope that it wouldn't have to be because it is risky. I don't know what went wrong but It was a slap in the face to me.

Dr Mannu C Rajnani
Dr Mannu C Rajnani  
ANSWER:  DEAR Cornell Brent

Thank you for your query

Since your eye pressure is more than 30 that means you have SECONDARY GLAUCOMA which obviously is causing Corneal Haze once the eye pressure goes down your haze mostly may decrease and you may not need eye corneal transplant,  you can ask Corneal surgeon if need be Tab Acetazolamide 250 mg twice a day along with some Potasium supplements helps in reducing the eye pressure much faster in fact sometimes we give Intravenous Mannitol which again reduces eye pressure immediately
Also if it is possible if you have any eye pictures or any prescriptions and findings on paper if you can scan everything and email me please

please revert back to me if you have any additional query

Dr Mannu C Rajnani Dr Mannu Laser Eye Surgeries,
1st Floor Society  Plot 433 TPS3 15th Road Khar(West)Mumbai 400052  INDIA  
Tel:Hospital:91-22-26004467-26006801-26007828 / 919664101201
Dr's Mobile:91-9821032072

all that I\'m taking
all that I'm taking  
QUESTION: So far, I have no pictures of eye and the only prescriptions I have are the ones described. I forgot to mention to the cornea specialist that my eyes tend to stay open while I am asleep and normally have to use preservitive free refresh pm ointment or some sort to keep lubricant. However, I put the Lumigan eye drop in and feel asleep. I woke up an hour later in the middle of the night and my eyes were feeling so scratchy that I decided to use Systane Overnight Therapy Gel. But when I woke up, my vision was super hazy and still is. What is it that systane overnight therapy gel has in it that has made my vision worse this morning. I can barely see and how long does it take to clear.

Answer
DEAR Cornell Brent

Thank you for your query

As your cornea specialist has suggested or implied your eyes remain open you need to do a procedure wherein they put stitch just at corner of lids so that eyes dont remain open at night and it works better than any medications, Overnight gels have this tendency to cause lots of haziness because it is thick solution and works like lamination causing haziness best is to wash it in morning with vigamox eye drops or any other antibiotic eye drops

Dr's Mobile:91-9821032072  

Laser Eye Surgery

Dr Mannu C Rajnani