Laser Eye Surgery/DLK

Question
QUESTION: Hello it's me again. The one who's suffering from DLK. Remember I told you about relifting the flap. He did it but the DLK returned and have to relift the flap again tomorrow morning.

Dr Mannu C Rajnani
Dr Mannu C Rajnani  
ANSWER:  DEAR Cornell Brent

Thank you for your query

helooo there you should absolutely NOT worry about it yes sometimes in cases like yours it may take few sittings to completely cure DLK so it is perfectly all right

please revert back to me if you have any additional query

Dr Mannu C Rajnani Dr Mannu Laser Eye Surgeries,
1st Floor Society  Plot 433 TPS3 15th Road Khar(West)Mumbai 400052  INDIA  
Tel:Hospital:91-22-26004467-26006801-26007828 / 919664101201
Dr's Mobile:91-9821032072

QUESTION: HI there....My check up went well today.Last week again, I had the relift again. He still got me on Predforte, Timolol, Predesone Oral tablets, and the Vigamox. However, I am about to the bottom of the Vigamox bottle but he will be putting me off of it anyways this Wednesday so it can be as counted as 7 days of being on the antibiotic drops. The bottle is expensive....at least 23.00 dollars for a small bottle. He got me taking it 4 times a day. But I don't think that the bottle can go 8 more drops till Wednesday. I only been putting like 2 to 3 drops in my eyes a day, mostley 2 to make the drops stretch. Can you give me your judgement of how to stretch it till Wednesday without  running outy until Wednesday. IT's doesn't' make since to go get a whole new bottle when he about to take me off.

Dr Mannu C Rajnani
Dr Mannu C Rajnani  
ANSWER: DEAR Cornell Brent

Thank you for your query

It is nice you underwent relift procedure and it will help you and you need to put only 1 drop at a time and not 2 drops also if you have less drops left you can put the drops less number of times for just a day and see what he says on follow up

Dr's Mobile:91-9821032072

QUESTION: Hi there,
   This living with this DLK is so depressing and overwhelming. For 4 months I could barely see. Going back and forth to the doctor every Monday, every week, 30 minutes to and from home. MY wife shuffles me around. I hate that I can't see the world clearly as what I paid for. The disaster of being on sick leave for these entire months and very little pay. Struggling to pay for a meal. I have had two relifting the flap twice while being on Timolol, Restasis, Artifical tears, Nighttime ointment, Predesone Oral Tabs 20 mg, and Predforte. My vision has been up and down from 20/40 and 20/50. This is include with using some little thing i have to hold in front of my eye with little holes punched in it while covering the other one. But I feels like it's worse than those numbers. I really believe that I have vision underneath all this, but so far it's like looking through a dirty clear shower curtain. My stress and anxiety and kicked in tremendously because of this situation of not seeing. I am lost and don't know what to do. Just by typing you, my face is pressed against the screen to see what I am typing. I am like 4 inches from the screen. It's so hazy. I am lost with this DLK, especially with me putting all my drops like i suppose to and undergoing flap surgery twice. He told me that during my last surgery, he pulled a long string of the white cells out, that looks like sand or something. I am so depressed, but thank you so much doctor for your support. Is there any other ideas or opinion upon this situation? I am wondering if it's the medications or that he's not trying hard enough. He told me that he did not want to take me off Predforte because it could return, Timolole because I am a steriod respondmr and my eye pressure fluctuates up and down in the 20's and 30's., Restasis becouse I have sever dry eyes. I am so drained doc...

Answer
DEAR Cornell Brent

Thank you for your query

sometimes some of cells remain even after washing tends to remain and cause repeated growth but after multiple washings they get washed of ultimately so i pray and hope with this wash tomorow morning all cells get washed off

Dr's Mobile:91-9821032072  

Laser Eye Surgery

Dr Mannu C Rajnani