Laser Eye Surgery/Continuation of DLK and Haze

Question
Cornea 2
Cornea 2  
Cornea
Cornea  
QUESTION: I know that you are familiar with me now regarding to my situation. However, my days has been so overwhelming. I am still battling vision with this haze and it seems that it gets worse by the days. I mean i does what the doctor tells me to do and follows orders but still no progress. I do remember that you requested pictures, but I won't see him until next week. So far I am on the meds such as Lumigan, Combigan, Refresh Pm, Predforte, and artificial tears. It's like everyday it becomes very hazy. I have some pictures that I tried taking for you to see if it helps...I really pray that I don't need cornea transplant.

ANSWER:  DEAR Cornell Brent

Thank you for your query

Thanx for the pictures , yes there is quite bit of central haze but from what i see at this stage it is NOT as bad as it seems i am hope full with such cases because it is NOT absolutely white as we call it and  this looks more like edema or swelling of cornea secondary to secondary glaucoma so best would be control your eye pressure and if possible take glaucoma consultant opinion

please revert back to me if you have any additional query

Dr Mannu C Rajnani Dr Mannu Laser Eye Surgeries,
1st Floor Society  Plot 433 TPS3 15th Road Khar(West)Mumbai 400052  INDIA  
Tel:Hospital:91-22-26004467-26006801-26007828 / 919664101201
Dr's Mobile:91-9821032072

the white/orange pills
the white/orange pills  
combigan and lumigan
combigan and lumigan  
QUESTION: I`ve just seen the doctor today. My eye pressure is higher than last time I was seen 3 1/2 weeks ago. It's in the 31s and 33s, He said that the haze had gotten worse and there was no way to view the cornea properly, there is scarring, and cornea swelling. . So he referred me to a glaucoma specialist. He threw a guess into the equation that I may need a laser treatment by the glaucoma specialist. My question is how is my eye pressure steady going up from the last time I seen him if  I've been taking  Combigan twice a day,  Lumigan before bedtime, and Predforte twice daily as directed.? He also asked me if I had any family members who had history of glaucoma.  I told him that I may have, but I didn't start dealing with eye pressure problems until after Lasik and was drugged up with Predforte and Prednosone 20mg Oral tablets. My pressure was normal eveytime i went to an eye doctor way before deciding lasik. He took me off of predforte today and was told to stay on the combigan and lumigan, but he also gave me some white/orange oral capsules for 5 days to help get the pressure down prior to the follow up  appointment with the glaucoma specialist this Monday. Why did he take me off the steroid? Was the it the cause of my pressure being so high? Doc,  it went from DLK to eye pressure war and scarring.  All I wanted was vision correction in the beginning.  My vision is so bad that I can barely read a text message.  I'm only 27 years old and I'm staying so bad with this situation. I can't work or comprehend with life, wife,  or kids!

Dr Mannu C Rajnani
Dr Mannu C Rajnani  
ANSWER: DEAR Cornell Brent

Thank you for your query

Thanx for the query
yes the rise in Intraocular Pressure is because of topical steroids and corneal haze is also because of IOP increase. Since your pred forte has been stopped will help better control of your IOP and once your IOP improves your corneal haze should reduce improving your vision  

Dr's Mobile:91-9821032072

QUESTION: Okay and he mentioned that there was scarring. Could it be from that other doctor who scraped the DLK out, and if  so, what do you all do to address scarring. Is it permanent or a slow healing process?

Answer
DEAR Cornell Brent

Thank you for your query

Thanx for the query

Most likely scarring is basically i feel the swelling or as we call EDEMA of cornea which causes blurring in vision so i personally feel it will settle down once your IOP comes back to normal or reduces

Dr's Mobile:91-9821032072  

Laser Eye Surgery

Dr Mannu C Rajnani