Laser Eye Surgery/Retina surgery

My 28 years old brother has been detected with holes in retina of both eyes. He has glasses of -9 . He lives in a small town in eastern India. Doctors suspects tear in retina too. What treatment should he opt for and expenses required for the treatment. Please help.

Dear Rita,
Retinal holes need to be examined for :
1. size
2. number of holes
3. are they actual tears/ degeneration or macular holes...hence exact diagnosis is necessary.

The retinal surgeon needs to decide line of treatment.
the simplest is usually Argon Laser.

You can read more about this on

At Shroff Eye hsopital, in Mumbai, Dr Rahul Shroff is our retinal surgeon who takes care of this.

If willing to see him, please call +91 22 66921000 for details of appointment and costs.

Anand Shroff

Laser Eye Surgery

Dr Anand Shroff, MD, FICS

I am happy to answer any questions on eye care. My expertise is in Laser Eye surgery (LASIK, Epi LASIK), Multifocal Implants, Cataract, Glaucoma and procedures for Corneal abnormalities like Keratoconus - Corneal Collagen Crosslinking C3R

OF LASIK, We are one of the first centres to use the wavefront guided LASIK or custom LASIK procedures and the only center in India using the most safest,accurate and fastest excimer laser in the world- 'The Wavelight Concerto, 500 Hz laser'. Doctors from various parts of the world train with me and few other experts in Germany each year on our wavefront procedures. Our centre is the first eye hospital to be awarded the highest certfication in healthcare- the Joint Commission International (JCI from USA) and is also the referral centre for our Wavelight Laser Technologies, Germany in India. We have treated patients from 89 countries and this list keeps growing as more and more patients are getting increasingly aware of the benefits of treatment with advanced technology in laser eye surgery.

ASCRS [American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery]certified by USA- Joint Commission International

MD Ophthalmology and FICS [Fellow of the International College of Surgeons]

please see and