Laser Eye Surgery/keratoconus

Question
Sir yesterday my doctor diagnosed me with Keratoconus.. He was talking about Intac rings inserted into my eyes.. And a Laser for the disease to stop progressing.. Sir I want to ask you that will my disease stop progressing after Laser? And will Intac rings provide me a solution to this disease? Are there any side effects of Intac rings? Do Intac rings have any complications after rubbing my eyes? Kindly help me out with these problems as soon as possible as I have appointment on Monday for Laser..

Answer
Dear Jahanzaib,

Intacs is a temporary solution, one that is not a personal favourite with me. But yes, crosslinking surgery (c3R), if it can be considered, then it should be done without delay.

For more on C3R procedure do read on www.lasikindia.in

Best,
Dr Shroff

Laser Eye Surgery

Dr Anand Shroff, MD, FICS