Laser Eye Surgery/enlargement of cornea after laser barrage

Question
QUESTION: dear sir,
i request u to please help me to heal by answering my query as i am worried about my vision .
i have undergone a laser barrage surgery 15 days back ,i was having multiple rows of lattices in my retina but now my cornea is enlarged and i am having a blurred vision i can not read and right and also not able to see far ie i am having both my visions blurred near and far.
kindly please help me by telling can my far vision heal .

Dr Mannu C Rajnani
Dr Mannu C Rajnani  
ANSWER: DEAR SUMIT

Thank you for your query

First of all BE ASSURED that cornea NEVER enlarges after barrage laser
Whenever any LASER energy is applied in the eye it causes slight amount of inflammation or swelling because Laser is type of energy but with oral tablets and eye drops it settles down within period of 1-2 months so be comfortable and visit your eye doctor who will examine and advise either tablets or eye drops or both and incase he needs to change any eye drops he will do it for you but have patience and wait it will definitely settle down

please revert back to me if you have any additional query

Dr Mannu C Rajnani Dr Mannu Laser Eye Surgeries,
1st Floor Society  Plot 433 TPS3 15th Road Khar(West)Mumbai 400052  INDIA  
Tel:Hospital:91-22-26004467-26006801-26007828 / 919664101201
Image: dr-mannu-c_59

QUESTION: sorry sir i asked u a wrong question because of lac of knqwledge.its not the cornea but its the pupill that has enlarged.as i told u i had multiple lattices in both the eyes i was told for a barrage laser in boyh the eyes.20 days back i went to the hospital for the laser barrage when my left eye was operated it was very very painfull besides giving me the anesthetical drops,then the doctor told me to take a combiflame and then he gave me a choice that if u are fealing much pain then u can come next weak for the laser barrage of the other eye .now should i go for the barrage laser of the right  eye as the pupill of the left one has been dilated and i visited my doctor,he advised me to pilocarpine eye drops 2% four times aday for one weak and he says the dilated pupill will take 2-3 months to constrict.sir should i put this eye drops,should i go for the barrage laser of the other(right) eye or should wait for 2-3 months as i am not able to see from my right eye niether near nor far off .
i asked my doctor that why i am not able to see far as i was told earlier that i would only be not able read near for 2-3 weaks after the barage laser,then he told me that 70% of yr retina has been lasered because of thining of the retina from the edges and multiple lattices.
SIR KINDLY PLEASE HELP ME AS IAM AFRAID THAT IT WILL BE FINE OR HAVE I GOT THAT TRAUMATIC MYDRIASIS.
THANKING U FOR UR REPLY
SUMIT

Answer
Dr Mannu C Rajnani
Dr Mannu C Rajnani  
DEAR SUMIT

Thank you for your query

OK since the doctor has told you that your pupil will remain enlarged for 2-3 weeks that means they must have put ATROPINE eye drops before doing laser to dialate your pupil for convenience to do laser
yes it sometimes causes little bit pain due to inflammatory response of LASER but it settles and yes pilocarpine may help but you can just put it twice a day
Since so much laser has been done to your eyes almost 70% it is advisable to let your first eye settle and maybe after 2-3 weeks once you are comfortable you can undergo barrage other eye
it will be helpfull if you can send me your retina pictures

Image: dr-mannu-c_59

Laser Eye Surgery

Dr Mannu C Rajnani