Laser Eye Surgery/hard contact lens

Question
Hi there, it's Cornell again. I tried on the hard contact lens; however, she had to reorder a bigger size and smoother curve because the first ones were so small and were sliding all over the place. It wouldn't stay in place. Even though they did that, they showed a little better quality in vision. Why are the hard contact lens she ordered was a blue color?(that was weird) Though, I am still skeptical about wearing contacts on my cornea if we are still in the process of seeing what the epithelial growth do in the near future. My question by me taking those hard contacts on and off daily, will that affect the healing process? Will it irritate the eye or cause infections. Also is hard contacts prescribed. The reason I ask is cause since they supposedly say I have 20/20 but has to put on prescribed hard contacts, will that affect my 20/20 in the future. And if the epithelial growth disappears, will I have to remain wearing them for life?

Answer
Dr Mannu C Rajnani
Dr Mannu C Rajnani  
DEAR CORNELL

Thank you for your query
Why are the hard contact lens she ordered was a blue color?(that was weird)
They are blue colour for UV protection also for it to be identified if it falls but the blue colour will infact protect your eyes

My question by me taking those hard contacts on and off daily, will that affect the healing process? Will it irritate the eye or cause infections.
yes you will need to remove and put ON contact lenses DAILY
IT will DEFINITELY NOT REPEAT NOT affect the healing process infact it is given as THERAPEUTIC measure to fasten the healing process and also to IMPROVE your vision

The reason I ask is cause since they supposedly say I have 20/20 but has to put on prescribed hard contacts, will that affect my 20/20 in the future.
It will not affect your vision in future but infact given for improvement of vision

And if the epithelial growth disappears, will I have to remain wearing them for life?
well what will happen in future i cannot predict now it all depends on how your healing progresses see you must keep in mind you have to deal with your problem on weekly basis and once contact lenses help your vision we will see how your eye heals up

please revert back to me if you have any additional query

Dr Mannu C Rajnani Dr Mannu Laser Eye Surgeries,
1st Floor Society  Plot 433 TPS3 15th Road Khar(West)Mumbai 400052  INDIA  
Tel:Hospital:91-22-26004467-26006801-26007828 / 919664101201

Laser Eye Surgery

Dr Mannu C Rajnani