Laser Eye Surgery/CATARACT surgery recovery -reg

Question
Dear Doctor,
         My mother aged 72 was undergone cataract surgery 5 days before. she is now good and she had running nose and cough due to change in whether.Local doctor prescribed taxim o 200 mg twice daily ,pantop 40mg and cetrizine. can she take pantaprozole after this operation? kindly answer

Reg
Kumar

Answer
Dear Mr Kumar,
As regards the tablets, one is an antibiotic (taxim), one is an anti allergy (cetzine) and Pantapezole is an antacid. Yes, they are safe in themselves, but if she is taking any other medicines, just check with your treating doctor for any drug interactions that may take place.
By and large, they are commonly used drugs, and do not interfere with healing of cataract surgery.

Laser Eye Surgery

Dr Anand Shroff, MD, FICS