Latin/Correcting English to Latin translations

The meaning I want to convey is  "Remember your inner strength". After doing some research I was able to gather some possibilities below, could you please tell me whether they are grammatically correct and which one is closest to the original meaning? I also prefer as few words as possible since I intend to engrave the phrase on a bracelet as a present.

I'm not sure whether using Fortitudo or Robur will be more suitable for describing emotional (spritual) strength in this case. Which one would you recommend?

1. Memento fortitudo ab intus/ ex animo
2. Memento intima fortitudo
3. Memento fortitudo interna/ penita/ animi/ deinta

I'd greatly appreciate your help.
Best regard,

the sentence ”Remember your inner strength" translates correctly as:“Tuam memento fortitudinem”  as well as “Tuae memento fortitudinis”.

The only one difference between these two translations is the way used to express the direct object of the verb “remember”, i.e. Latin “memini” whose imperative, 2nd.person singular, is just “memento”.

This Latin verb, in fact, can be constructed with accusative(tuam fortitudinem)  as well as with genitive (tuae fortitudinis) of the person and of the thing.

So, you can choose the translation you like better between “Tuam memento fortitudinem”  and “Tuae memento fortitudinis”.

Please note that ‘inner strength’  corresponds exactly to Latin FORTITUDO (nominative case) just meaning:”strength of character" /”strength within/  “strength of mind" that allows one to endure pain or adversity with courage, and then it is just suitable for describing emotional (spritual) strength, as you say.

As for “robur”, this neuter noun should be accompanied by the genitive “animi” to mean “strength of mind”/”inner strenght”, as we read passim in Cicero.
Otherwise “robur” mean “hardness/ strength/ firmness/ vigor/ power”, but not "inner strength", and then, if you want to use "robur", you should say: "Tuum animi memento robur" (where TUUM ROBUR is in the accusative neuter) or "Tui animi memento roboris" (where TUI ROBORIS is in the genitive).

Lastly,with regard to your translations ( Memento fortitudo ab intus/ ex animo”;”Memento intima fortitudo”; “Memento fortitudo interna/ penita/ animi/ deinta”), I’m sorry, but they all are absolutely wrong, apart from the imperative “Memento” which is correct.
The other words are, in fact,grammatically incorrect because e.g. “intima fortitudo” is a nominative case, but you should have used the accusative or the genitive case, since Latin is an inflected language with five declensions and six cases, according to the role of a word in a phrase.

Please read more below.

Hope this is clear enough.Anyway, should you have some doubts, do not hesitate to ask me again.

Best regards,

-Remember = MEMENTO (2nd.person singular, imperative of MEMINI [= I remember] which takes the accusative or the genitive)

-your = TUAM (accusative feminine singular of the possessive TUUS agreed with FORTITUDINEM) or TUAE (genitive feminine singular of TUUS agreed with FORTITUDINIS)

-inner strength =FORTITUDINEM (accusative singular of the feminine noun FORTITUDO, 3rd.declension) or FORTITUDINIS (genitive singular of FORTITUDO).

As you can see, Latin word order can be different from English as Latin is an inflected language where synctatical relationships are indicate by the endings, not by the order of the words.

I am an expert in Latin Language and Literature and I'll be glad to answer any questions concerning this matter.

Over 25 years teaching experience.

I received my Ph.D. in Classics (summa cum laude) from Genova University (Italy).

This expert accepts donations: