Latin/Latin

Question
I was wondering if you could tell me how to say Forever Family in Latin.

I am giving a gift to a group of people I was closely associated with for the past year and want to express that we will always be a family.

Are the phrases Semper Familia and Familia in aeternum interchangeable or is one more appropriate?

Answer
Hello,

if “Forever Family “ is addressed to a group of people you yourself have been closely associated with, and you want to say  that you all will always be a family understood as a community in feeling / a  friendly intercourse, it’s better to say :“Semper Communitas ” or “In aeternum Communitas”.

Please note that SEMPER means “always”,while IN AETERNUM means “forever”/" everlastingly”.

Also, note that Latin can say “Communitas Semper” or “In aeternum Communitas” as well as “Semper Communitas” or “Communitas in aeternum” without difference, because Latin word order can be variable, according to the choice of the speaker/writer.

As for “Semper Familia” and “Familia in aeternum”, they mean “Always Family” and “Forever Family” respectively and then are not interchangeable.

To conclude, I think you should say “Semper Communitas ”(Always Community”) or “In aeternum Communitas” (Forever Community”) rather than “Semper Familia” (“Always Family”) and “ Familia in aeternum” (Forever Family”) , since the noun COMMUNITAS is the best translation for what you want to mean, as we read in Cicero.

Best regards,
Maria

Latin

Maria