Latin/adventus

Question
Salve!
How do you wish someone a "happy advent" in Latin?

Answer
Salve!

“Happy Advent!” as a wish for the time of  waiting and preparation for the celebration of the Nativity of Jesus at Christmas can be translated as follows:

1.1 ”Adventu  Domini nostri Iesu gaude!”, if your wish is addressed to only one person.
1.2 ”Adventu Domini nostri Iesu gaudete”, if your wish is addressed to more than one person.

These two translations literally mean: “Enjoy the Advent of  our Lord Jesus!”, since ADVENTU (ablative of ADVENTUS as GAUDEO takes the ablative case) means “the Advent”; GAUDE(imperative,2nd.person singular) /GAUDETE (imperative, 2nd.person plural of GAUDEO) means "Enjoy"; DOMINI NOSTRI IESU (genitive) means "of our Lord Jesus".

2.1 “Festum habe  Domini nostri Iesu adventum!”,if your wish is addressed to only one person.
2.2 “Festum  habete Domini nostri Iesu adventum!”, if your wish is addressed to more than one person.

These two translations literally mean :“Have a happy Advent of our Lord Jesus!”, since FESTUM (accusative masculine agreed with ADVENTUM) means “happy”; HABE (imperative, 2nd.person singular) /HABETE (imperative, 2nd.person plural of  HABEO) mean “have”; DOMINI NOSTRI IESU means “of our Lord Jesus”; ADVENTUM (direct object, accusative) means “advent”.

3.1 “Faustum Domini nostri Iesu adventum tibi precor!”, if your wish is addressed to only one person.
3.2 “Faustum Domini nostri Iesu adventum vobis precor!”, if your wish is addressed to more than one person

These two translations literally mean:”I wish you a happy Advent of our Lord Jesus!”, since FAUSTUM (accusative masculine agreed with ADVENTUM) means “happy”; PRECOR means “I wish”; DOMINI NOSTRI IESU means “of our Lord Jesus”; ADVENTUM (direct object, accusative) means “advent”; TIBI (2nd.person singular pronoun) /VOBIS (2nd.person plural pronoun)  mean “you”.
As you can see, while  the English “you” can be either a  2nd.person singular or a 2nd.person  plural , Latin uses different forms either for the verb or for the pronoun.
Also note that Latin word order is different from English as Latin is an inflected language where syntactical relationships are indicated by the ending, not by the order of the words.

To conclude, I think that the best translation would be the number 1, i.e. “Adventu  Domini nostri Iesu gaude !” or “Adventu  Domini nostri Iesu gaudete!”, according to the person / persons you are addressing.

Hope this can be helpful to you.

Vale,
Maria

Latin

Maria