Latin/Latin translation

Question
Hello Maria. I would like to know how the following sentence is translated and written in Latin, "What doesn't break me, makes me stronger". I play ice hockey and everyone of my team mates have to invent some kind of phrase to our own seats of locker-room. And everyone own phrases would be painted our own seats. I would be thankful, if you can help me with this.
Best Regards Rami. And greetings from Finland.

Answer
Hello,

"What doesn't break me, makes me stronger” as an adaptation of the original German quotation “Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker”[What doesn't kill me, makes me stronger] we read in Friedrich Nietzsche's “Twilight of the Idols”, Maxims and Arrows, number 8, translates as follows:

“Quod me non frangit, me fortiorem facit”.
[See below for grammatical analysis].

Hope this can be helpful to you.
Greetings from Italy,
Maria
___________________________________________________________
Note that:

-What = QUOD  (subject in the nominative neuter singular of the relative pronoun QUI)

-doesn't break = NON FRANGIT (composed of the negative NON + the present indicative, 3rd.person singular, of the verb FRANGO, meaning “I break”)

-me = ME (direct object, accusative case of the 2nd.person pronoun)

-makes= FACIT  (3rd.person singular, present indicative of FACIO meaning” I make”)

-stronger = FORTIOREM (comparative of the adjective FORTIS  in the accusative case agreed with the accusative ME).

As you can see, Latin word order can be different from English, simply because Latin is an inflected language where syntactical relationships are indicated by the ending, not by the order of the words.

Latin

Maria