Latin/Latin phrase translation please

Hello Maria,  
I was just curious to know if this was the proper & correct translation for the following sentence.

English: "Love life because death follows."

Latin: "Vitam ama quia mors sequitur."

Thank you very much.

"Vitam ama quia mors sequitur" which means exactly: "Love life because death follows” is a translation I myself have suggested to a questioner some years ago [See at ]

Here below you can also see the grammatical analysis of  this translation which is proper and correct, of course:

-Love = AMA (2nd.person singular, present imperative of AMO, I love)

-life= VITAM (direct object, accusative singular of the noun VITA, 1st. declension.

-because= QUIA (conjunction that introduces a causal clause)

-death = MORS (subject of the causal clause, nominative case,3rd.declension)

-follows= SEQUITUR (3rd.person singular, present indicative of the deponent verb SEQUOR, I follow).

Please note that Latin word order can be different from English as Latin is an inflected language where synctatic relationships are indicated by the endings, not by the order of the words.

Best regards,

I am an expert in Latin Language and Literature and I'll be glad to answer any questions concerning this matter.

Over 25 years teaching experience.

I received my Ph.D. in Classics (summa cum laude) from Genova University (Italy).

This expert accepts donations: