Latin/Use of "the" in a latin sentence

Question
I am new to Latin and I was wondering if the use of "the" in the Latin language is the same as in English or if it makes more sense in Latin to not use the word at all. I was trying to use it in the sentence "out of the chaos comes clarity" but I wonder if in latin it makes more sense to say "out of chaos comes clarity."

Thank you for your input. Have a good day

Answer
Hello,

the use of the definite article "the" in the Latin language is not the same as in English simply because Latin has no article and then there is no translation for the definite article “the” nor for the indefinite article “a”/”an”; thus, for example the Latin noun “ puer” can mean “the boy”, “a boy”  or simply “boy”, depending on the context.

So,in the light of what I’ve said, both  "Out of the chaos comes clarity" and  "Out of chaos comes clarity" translate as follows:

-“Ex chao claritas” as well as “A chao claritas”, where the verb is omitted as it is understood in Latin.
or:
-“Ex chao venit claritas” (literal translation, as you can read below).

To sum up, all the above translations are correct and then you can choose the one you like best.

Have a good day,
Maria
____________________________________________________________________________
Note that:

-Out of = EX or A that are prepositions that take the ablative case.

-the chaos /chaos = CHAO (ablative of the noun CHAOS, 2nd.declension)

-comes = VENIT (3rd.person singular, present indicative of VENIO, I come). Please note that such a verb can be omitted in Latin

-clarity = CLARITAS (subject in the nominative case, 3rd.declension)

Latin

Maria