Latin/Translatiion

Question
Would you be kind enough to help me with the translation of,"We fight what you fear" into Latin? Thank you for your anticipated help.
Bill Yost

Answer
Hello,

the sentence “We fight what you fear “ can be translated as follows:

-“Quod times impugnamus” as well as  “Quod metuis impugnamus”, if the verb  “you fear ” (Latin, “times” or “metuis”) is in the 2nd.person singular.

or:

-“Quod timetis impugnamus” as well as “Quod metuitis impugnamus”, if the verb  “you fear ” (Latin, “timetis” or “metuitis” ) is in the 2nd.person plural.

Learn more below.

Best regards,
Maria
___________________________________________________________________________
Note that:

-We fight =IMPUGNAMUS (1st.person plural, present indicative of IMPUGNO, I fight)

-what =QUOD (direct object, accusative neuter of the relative pronoun QUI)

-you fear =TIMES (2nd person singular, present indicative of TIMEO, I fear) /  METUIS (2nd.person singular, present indicative of METUO, I fear)  / TIMETIS (2nd.person plural, present indicative of TIMEO)  / METUITIS (2nd.person plural, present indicative of METUO).

As you can see, Latin uses different endings for the 2nd.person singular and 2nd.person plural, differently from the English "you fear" that is either singular or plural.

Finally Latin word order can be different from English.

Latin

Maria