Latin/A latin line

Can you translate the following sentence for me in english?

Its from the myth of Selene(or Diana) and Endymion, taken from the 2nd Fulgentius' book(myth 2.16)

Nemoribus quoque adesse dicitur, quod omnis uenatio plusquam nocte pascatur dieque dormiat

Do you know which is the right way to translate latin text?
I understand something about hunting in the night in this passage, but the syntax is strange for me. Should I translate "omnis venatio" or "omnis nocte"?

Thank you!

“Nemoribus quoque adesse dicitur, quod omnis uenatio plusquam nocte pascatur dieque dormiat” from Fabius Planciades Fulgentius,Mythologiarum libri, book 2, chapter XVI translates as follows:

“She [i.e.Luna, the Moon-goddess, aka Selene/Diana] is also said  to be associated with the woods, because  every kind of game animals are pasturing  especially by night and are sleeping by day.”

Please note that :

-Nemoribus (dative plural of NEMUS, 3rd.declension. This indirect object depends on ADESSE) = with the woods

-quoque (adverb) = also

-adesse (present infinitive of ADSUM, I am associated with) = to be associated

-dicitur (3rd.person singular, present indicative, passive voice of DICO, I say) =is said

-quod (conjunction introducing a causal clause) = because

-omnis (adjective, nominative case agreed with VENATIO) = every/ every kind of

-uenatio (subject of the causal clause, nominative, feminine noun, 3rd.declension)  =every kind of game animals, i.e. wild animals, birds, or fish hunted for food or sport.

-plusquam (=literally, “ rather...than”, i.e. especially)= especially

-nocte (ablative singular of NOX, night. Hence, adverb of time)= by night

-pascatur (3rd.person singular, present subjunctive of the deponent verb PASCOR) = literally,” is grazing/pasturing”, i.e. “are grazing/pasturing” in the 3rd.person plural agreed with “game animals” (that is to say ” Wild animals, birds, or fish hunted for food or sport”)

-dieque (composed of DIE, ablative of time of DIES, 5th.declension, meaning "day" + the enclitic conjunction-QUE, meaning "and")=and by day

-dormiat (3rd.person singular, present subjunctive of DORMIO) = literally, “is sleeping”, i.e.”are sleeping” agreed with “animals”.

As for "omnis venatio" or "omnis nocte”, I have to point out that  OMNIS cannot be related to NOCTE  as OMNIS is a nominative case, while NOCTE is an ablative.
Therefore the nominative OMNIS refers only to VENATIO which is a nominative case just like OMNIS.

Hope all is clear now.
Best regards,

I am an expert in Latin Language and Literature and I'll be glad to answer any questions concerning this matter.

Over 25 years teaching experience.

I received my Ph.D. in Classics (summa cum laude) from Genova University (Italy).

This expert accepts donations: