Latin/Vocative Case Forms

Question
Pax!
I want to say "Friends of Christ" in vocative. I came up with "Amici Christi" but I am a bit confused. Christi means "of christ" so it must be corect. But if I am correct you must have vocative form of all the words, eg Sancte Pater Benedicte. Please help me.

Answer
The vocative case form is the same as the nominative case form in the singular, except in two instances (with very few exceptions):

* Second-declension nouns in -ius form the vocative in -i in the singular (nominative:  filius, vocative:  fili)
* Second-declension nouns in -us form the vocative in -e in the singular (nominative:  Marcus, vocative:  Marce)

The vocative plural forms are the always the same as the nominative plural forms.  Thus, "amici" is the correct vocative plural for "amicus".

Latin

Michael