Latin/Latin translation in memory of dear friends

Question
Hi could you please help me with a translation to latin of the phrase "every true strength is gained through true struggle" As through research it seems to come out very different. I play for a women's pool team, and have unfortunately had a very rough year losing some dear friends along the way who loved the game and we would like to remember with this message on our team shirts, thank you for your help.

Answer
Hello,

“Every true strength is gained through true struggle" can be translated as follows:

1)“Vera fortitudo vero obtinetur certamine”, if “strength” means “moral strength”, “fortitude” shown in enduring or undertaking hardship.

2)“Vis vera vero obtinetur certamine”, if “strength” means “physical strength” as well as “mental strength”.

So, you may choose the translation that is more suitable for your purpose intended to remember your dear friends.

Read more below.

All the best,
Maria
____________________________________________
Note that:

-Every = no translation as Latin prefers to omit such an adjective which is understood in VERA FORTITUDO or VIS VERA.

-true = VERA (nominative feminine of the adjective VERUS agreed with the feminine nouns FORTITUDO or VIS)

-strength = FORTITUDO (subject in the nominative case. Feminine noun, 3rd.declension) or VIS (subject in the nominative case. Feminine noun, 3rd.declension)

-is gained = OBTINETUR ( 3rd.person singular, passive voice, present indicative of OBTINEO, I gain)

- through true = VERO (ablative neuter  of the adjective VERUS agreed with  the neuter ablative CERTAMINE)

-struggle = CERTAMINE (ablative singular, neuter noun, 3rd.declension). Please note that VERO CERTAMINE is an Ablative of Means in Latin.
Moreover the neuter noun CERTAMEN means “struggle”, whether friendly or hostile, physical or intellectual.

As you can see, Latin word order can be different from English as Latin is an inflected language where grammatical/syntactical relationships are indicated by the endings, not by the order of the words.

Latin

Maria