Latin/Translation in latin

Thanks for your reply Maria.
The context where I want to use the sentences I mentioned is just for mottos.
Regards, Youba

Hello! The expert can't answer your question. Your Question was:

Hello Maria! Hope the day is treating well. Would you mind translating the follwing quotes in latin for me please?  WORK HARD,PLAY HARDGREAT REWARDS REQUIRE GREAT SACRIFICESWITH GREAT SACRIFICES GREAT REWARDS FOLLOWWITH HARD WORK COME GREAT REWARDS HARD WORK BRINGS GREAT REWARDS Thank you for your time and patience. Regards, Youba Following is the reason: Sorry, but I do not want to help you with this question unless you tell me the context where you want to use the sentences you mention. Are they for tattoos? for mottoes or whatever? Please explain. Moreover I have to tell you that Latin is a very concise language where all the sentences GREAT REWARDS REQUIRE GREAT SACRIFICES, WITH GREAT SACRIFICES GREAT REWARDS FOLLOW, WITH HARD WORK COME GREAT REWARDS , HARD WORK BRINGS GREAT REWARDS, correspond to only one translation as all the above phrases mean the same, of course. As for WORK HARD, PLAY HARD, the second part, i.e. “play hard”, is quite outside Roman fighting spirit. Bye,Maria  Expert: Maria

thanks for explaining your thought.
So, as I have already told you, Latin is a very concise language where all the sentences that you mention correspond to the following two translations:

1)“Magni dolores, magna praemia”
(literally, “Great sacrifices/sufferings, great rewards”, that is to say:” GREAT REWARDS REQUIRE GREAT SACRIFICES” and  “WITH GREAT SACRIFICES GREAT REWARDS FOLLOW”)

2)“Magni labores, magna praemia”
(literally, “Great / hard work, great rewards”, that is to say: “WITH HARD WORK COME GREAT REWARDS”  and “HARD WORK BRINGS GREAT REWARDS”).

As for  your last sentence “ WORK HARD, PLAY HARD”, it can be translated as follows:

“Vehementer labora, vehementer gaude!“

Read more below.

Best regards,
Note that:

-MAGNI  (nominative masculine plural of the adjective MAGNUS agreed with DOLORES and LABORES ) = great /hard

-DOLORES (nominative plural of the masculine noun DOLOR, 3rd.declension) = sacrifices/sufferings

-LABORES (nominative plural of the noun LABOR, 3rd.declension) =work

-MAGNA (nominative neuter plural of the adjective MAGNUS agreed with PRAEMIA )= great

-PRAEMIA (nominative plural of the neuter noun PRAEMIUM, 2nd.declension) = rewards

-VEHEMENTER (adverb) = hard

- LABORA (2nd.person singular, imperative of LABORO, I work) =work

-VEHEMENTER  (see above)

-GAUDE (2nd.person singular, imperative of GAUDEO, I play/enjoy) = play

I am an expert in Latin Language and Literature and I'll be glad to answer any questions concerning this matter.

Over 25 years teaching experience.

I received my Ph.D. in Classics (summa cum laude) from Genova University (Italy).

This expert accepts donations: