Latin/Phrases

Question
QUESTION: Hello, first of all thank you so much for providing this forum to ask these questions.

I'm an author and I have a character that uses Latin (his idea not mine, my characters never listen to me). However, despite the character's insistence that he should use some phrases within the book, I the author don't know anything about Latin. Where I could write around him actually using it, that feels like cheating.If you would be so kind as to translate these phrases I would deeply appreciate it. And so would my character who is currently not speaking to me because I tried to tell him he couldn't use Latin because I don't know it.

"Please aid me in my struggle, give me the strength to what is needed."

"Find the saint"

"If it is your wish"

"Until next time"

"There is always a next time."

Thankfully my character seems happy with just a getting a few phrases. Hopefully these aren't too many . Thank you so much for your time and for any help you can offer.

ANSWER: Hello,

here are the translations you asked me:

-“Adiuva me, quaeso, in meo certamine necessariamque da mihi fortitudinem”
(“Please aid me in my struggle, give me the strength to what is needed.")

-“Si haec voluntas est tua”
("If it is your wish)

-“Usque ad proximum tempus”
("Until next time")

-“Proximum semper est tempus“
("There is always a next time.")

As for "Find the saint", are you using “the saint” in the plural or in the singular? Latin needs to know it as well as the real sense of the phrase. Otherwise no correct translation is possible.

Best regards,
Maria
__________________________________________________________________________
P.S. Sorry, but the phrases are too many as to provide you with the parsing of all the phrases,  as I usually do.

QUESTION: Sorry, I wasn't sure if this should go in the follow up or not, but thought better safe than than sorry. :)

Saint as in singular. Does that change how it would be said from what you have in the answer?

Also, I realized when I read over the answer that I had a minor mistake in one phrase. The word 'do' should have been in the first phrase "Please aid me in my struggle, give me the strength to do what is needed." Does that change anything in the way it would be said?

If you have time for this, that would be wonderful. If not, I understand. Thank you so much for your help, it's truly a wonderful thing you do.

Answer
Hello,

actually my translation “Adiuva me, quaeso, in meo certamine necessariamque da mihi fortitudinem” means exactly “Please aid me in my struggle, give me the strength to  do what is needed", since the accusative “necessariamque fortitudinem” corresponds exactly to “the strength to  do what is needed”,  because the accusative FORTITUDINEM means “the  strength”, while the adjective NECESSARIAM agreed with the feminine noun FORTITUDINEM corresponds to “to  do what is needed”.

As for "Find the saint", where “the saint” is in the singular, it translates as :“Sanctum inveni virum”, where INVENI (2nd person singular present imperative active of INVENIO, I find) means “Find”, while SANCTUM VIRUM in the masculine singular, accusative case, means “the saint”.

Bye,
Maria

Latin

Maria