Latin/Word Usage Question

Question
Hi there! I'm looking to use a Latin word for a book title, and while I think I may have found a good one that would be ideal, I'm well aware that online translations can't exactly be trusted. The word I discovered is "advenus." According to the online translators, it can mean "migrant, alien, foreign, recently arrived, unskilled, inexperienced, ignorant." That would all be ideal - if that's what it really means. I'm just looking to make sure it would be acceptable to use that word as a book title and that its meaning is correct. I love language, so by all means go to town on any explanation (i.e. gender use) the word may require. I look forward to your response!

Answer
Hello,

actually the correct Latin noun is “advena”, not “advenus” that does not exist at all.
So, the nominative singular “advena” (1st declension’s noun) means specifically: "one who comes from foreign parts, migrant, stranger, alien, foreigner, recently arrived”, while in metaphorical sense “advena”  means “unskilled, inexperienced, ignorant”.

In short, if you want to use such a Latin noun for a book title, you can say “Advena” in the nominative sigular meaning “The stranger/The foreigner/The migrant”,  or  “Advenae” in the nominative plural meaning “The strangers/The foreigners/The migrants”.

The usage of the nominative singular or plural depends on the story of your book:  if the main character is a foreigner, it’s correct to say:”Advena”; if on the contrary the story has many foreigners as protagonists, it’s correct to say:”Advenae”.

Hope this is clear enough.Feel free however to ask me again.

Best regards,

Maria

_______________________________________________________________
PRONUNCIATION of "advĕna" and "advĕnae", where the ĕ is a short vowel:

-ad is pronounced like “ad” in “add”.The accent stands on the A.

-ven is pronounced like “ven” in “vend”.

-a  is pronounced like “a” in “add”.
-ae (diphthong) is pronounced like “e” in “offer”  

Latin

Maria