Latin/Beautiful words

Question
One of my family members recently told me a beautiful quote that fit how I feel about my nephew perfectly. I have raised my nephew and it's hard to come by the words to explain just how much I love him. She said, "I love you for all that you are, all that you have been, and all that you will be." I've always been infatuated with Latin but have never learned to speak it, and I would really appreciate it if you could translate this so I can speak it to my nephew in Latin every night when I tuck him in so he can carry it on through his life, even when I'm gone. Thank you!

Answer
Hello,

The sentence "I love you for all that you are, all that you have been, and all that you will be” cannot be translated verbatim, because English and Latin are obviously different languages with their own peculiarities.

So, in Latin you should say:”Te ut nunc es diligo, ut olim fuisti  utque postea eris” (literally,” I love you for how you are now, for how you have been in times past  and for how you will be  afterward”).

Read more below.

All the best to you and your nephew,

Maria
_____________________________________________________________________________
Note that:

-TE (direct object, accusative of the 2nd person singular pronoun) = you

-DILIGO (present indicative, 1st person singular) = I love. Note that Latin verbs do not need the subject pronoun, because they change ending, according to the pronouns "I", "you", etc.

-UT (conjunction) = for how

-NUNC (adverb) =now

-ES (2nd person singular, present indicative of the verb SUM, I am)

-UT (conjunction) = for how

-OLIM (adverb) = in times past  

-FUISTI (2nd person singular, past tense of SUM, I am) = you have been

-UTQUE (composed of UT meaning "how" and the enclitic -QUE meaning "and)= and for how

-ERIS (2nd person singular, future of SUM) = you will be

Finally note that Latin word order can be different from English.

-POSTEA (adverb) = afterward

Latin

Maria