Latin/Latin for thunder

Question
Is there a Latin word (a noun specifically) which means "thunder" as well as "uproar/tumult"?

Answer
Hello,

In Latin there is the masculine  noun “tonitrus” (4th declension) which means “thunder” only in the sense of  “the sudden loud noise that comes from the sky especially during a storm” as in  “Thunder follows lightning” for example.

As for a noun meaning “uproar/tumult”, it is “tumultus” (masculine noun, 4th declension).

In short, in Latin there is no noun which means either "thunder" or "uproar/tumult”, but two different nouns to say “thunder” and "uproar/tumult”, i.e. “tonitrus”(thunder)  and “tumultus”(uproar/tumult).

Best regards,

Maria

Latin

Maria