Latin/Looking for the right translation.

Question
Good evening, ma'am:

I was wondering how you would say "Loyal/faithful and steadfast." in Latin. I have been looking on Google, but I am not confident in what I have found.

Can you please help me?

Thank you.

Answer
Hello,

"Loyal/faithful and steadfast” translates correctly  as follows:

-“Fidelis et constans”, if  both the adjectives  “Loyal/faithful” and  “steadfast”  refer to a male or female person used in the singular.

-“Fideles et constantes”, if  both the adjectives  “Loyal/faithful” and  “steadfast”  refer to  male or female persons used in the plural.

In English, in fact, the adjectives remain the same either in the singular or in the plural, whereas in Latin the adjectives change ending, according to the singular/plural as well as to the case of the noun they refer to.

Best regards,

Maria
_____________________________________________________________________________

Note that:

-Loyal/faithful = FIDELIS (nominative singular) or FIDELES (nominative plural).
Note that FIDELIS,FIDELE  is an adjective of  Two Terminations, where FIDELIS is either masculine or feminine, while FIDELE  is the neuter.

-and =et

-steadfast =CONSTANS (nominative singular) or CONSTANTES (nominative plural).
Note that CONSTANS  is an adjective of  One Termination,whose masculine,  feminine and neuter  are the same, i.e. CONSTANS.

Latin

Maria