Latin/Quick Latin Translation

Question
Hi Maria,

Thanks in advance for your help. I'm like to validate a Latin-to-English translation for the phrase "Go after what you want." From others I've consulted, "sequere quod vis" seems to be the closest translation in Latin (which loosely translates to "follow what you want").

Is there a more literal translation for "go after what you wan," or is the above Latin translation accurate?

Thanks in advance,
John

Answer
Hello,

"Sequere quod vis" is just  the closest translation in Latin for "Go after what you want" or “Pursue what you want”.

It is therefore an accurate translation where “Sequere” (Go after/pursue) is the 2nd.person singular, present imperative of the deponent verb “sequor”; “quod" (what) is the neuter accusative of the relative pronoun “qui”; “vis” (you want) is the 2nd.person singular, present indicative of the verb “volo”.

Best regards,

Maria
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
P.S. Hope this translation is not for a tattoo that I really do not like.
I hope in fact that you have read what I wrote in your “Ask a question page”, i.e.: "NO TATTOOS QUESTIONS PLEASE. I do know that you can cheat me by  asking me a phrase, without telling me it is  for a tattoo, but I choose to  trust your HONESTY!“

Latin

Maria