Latin/A 16th Century Latin Paragraph

Question
Hello, I am perusing an old reference authored by 16th century Hebrew scholar Sebastian Munster and I would like a Latin-to-English translation of a certain paragraph from the book, please. I am interested in the translation of a paragraph found on page 124. This book may be accessed online at the following link: https://openlibrary.org/books/OL25273977M/Torat_ha-mashi'ah

I attempted to attach a .jpg screen capture of the paragraph that I would like to have translated; however, no matter what format I put it in, the system that you use does not accept it. I can e-mail it to you separately if you wish. It is very difficult for me to transcribe the paragraph here, plus I know the author also incorporates some Hebrew names (and their transliteration) into his writing. The first name is pronounced "Yeshua" in Hebrew and the other one is pronounced "Yehoshua" in Hebrew. Here is my attempt to transcribe the paragraph.  I would appreciate your assistance, if at all possible:

Nomen (Hebrew name Yeshua) frequens est in libris sacris fonatiq salutem et nonnunquam babet epenthesin (Hebrew letters) ut (Hebrew name Yehoshua) et tune sonat salutem Domini. Apud euangelistas scribiture absolute Iesua quod ipse sit salus ipsa, fieut et sapientia atq; iusticia ipsa uocatur saluat enim nos a peccatis nostris iestificat nos, et sapien tiam praestat paruulis  Et mirii est quomodo hic insaniant quando fatemur uenisse in carnem propter primum Adoe peccatum et sequelam omnium hinc nascentium  Vnde triumphator corum autor libri Niz bon scribit in bune modum:

End of the Latin paragraph.  Thank you very much for any assistance that you may be able to offer!

Answer
Hello,

I’ve translated the paragraph that we find on page 124 of “Euangelium secundum Matthaeum in lingua Hebraica, cum uersione Latina, atque annotationibus Seb. Munsteri” (Published 1557 in Basileae), i.e.:
”Nomen (Yeshua) frequens est in libris sacris sonatque salutem et nonnunquam babet epenthesin .. ut  Yehoshua et tunc sonat salutem Domini. Apud euangelistas scribitur absolute Iesua quod ipse sit salus ipsa, sicut et sapientia atque iusticia ipsa uocatur.Saluat enim nos a peccatis nostris, iustificat nos, et sapientiam praestat paruulis. Et mirum est quomodo Iehudaei hic insaniant quando fatemur Christum uenisse in carnem propter primum Adae peccatum et sequelam omnium hinc nascentium.  Vnde triumphator eorum, autor libri Nizahon scribit in hunc modum:....”.

So, here’s my translation:

“Yeshua is a recurring name in Holy Scriptures and means ”salvation”; sometimes it has the epenthesis of “ho” such as in “ Yehoshua” and then it means “Lord’s salvation”. In the writings of the Evangelists this name is written as  Iesua since he himself is just the salvation, as well as wisdom is also called justice. He in fact saves us from our sins, forgives us, and gives wisdom to the humble (in heart). It is amazing how the Jews are going  mad when we say that Christ became incarnate because of Adam’s original sin and all the other sins as a consequence of that first sin. Hence the one who triumphs over the sins, as the author Nizahon writes:..”.

Please note that at the bottom of the page I’ve written this translation by alternating the English version with the Latin text (into the square brackets], so that you can better understand how English corresponds to Latin.

Hope this can be helpful to you.

Best regards,

Maria
______________________________________________________________________

“Yeshua is a recurring name in Holy Scriptures and means ”salvation”; sometimes it has the epenthesis of “ho” such as in “Yehoshua” and then it means “Lord’s salvation”
[Nomen (Hebrew name Yeshua) frequens est in libris sacris sonatque salutem et nonnunquam babet epenthesin (Hebrew letters) ut (Hebrew name Yehoshua) et tunc sonat salutem Domini.]

In the writings of the Evangelists this name is written as  Iesua since he himself is just the salvation, as well as wisdom is also called justice.
[Apud  euangelistas scribitur absolute Iesua quod ipse sit salus ipsa, sicut et sapientia atque iusticia ipsa uocatur]

He in fact saves us from our sins, forgives us, and gives wisdom to the humble (in heart).
[Saluat enim nos a peccatis nostris, iustificat nos, et sapientiam praestat paruulis]

It is amazing how the Jews are going  mad when we say that Christ became incarnate because of Adam’s original  sin and all the other sins as a consequence of that first sin.
[Et mirum est quomodo Iehudaei hic insaniant quando fatemur Christum uenisse in carnem propter primum Adae peccatum et sequelam omnium hinc nascentium]

Hence the one who triumphs over the sins, as the author Nizahon writes:”
[Vnde triumphator eorum, autor libri Nizahon scribit in hunc modum:]

Latin

Maria