Latin/Translate English phrase to Latin

Question
Hi

Please could you translate the phrase "Life is either an adventure or nothing"

I would be much obliged if you could.

Thanking you in advance.

Best regards,

Wayne

Answer
Hello,

"Life is either an adventure or nothing” can be translated as :“Aut mirabilis est vita eventus aut nihil”, whose parsing you can read below.

Best regards,

Maria
____________________________________________________________________________
Note that:

-Life =VITA (subject, nominative case, 1st declension)

-is = EST (3rd person singular, present indicative of SUM)

-either =AUT

-an adventure = MIRABILIS EVENTUS (composed of  the adjective MIRABILIS, meaning “amazing” and the noun EVENTUS meaning “event”, both in the nominative case). I have to point out that MIRABILIS EVENTUS corresponds to the sense of the English term “adventure” as an unusual or exciting experience.

-or =AUT

-nothing =NIHIL (neuter pronoun).

As you can see, Latin word order can be different from English as Latin is an inflected language where syntactical relationships are indicated by the ending, not by the order of the words.

Latin

Maria