Salve (Is this ok too?)

ecce praecipio tibi confortare et esto robustus noli metuere et noli timere quoniam tecum est Dominus Deus tuus in omnibus ad quaecumque perrexeris.(Joshua 1:9)

In this sentence I know the meaning of the whole sentence but do not understand  ' omnibus ad quaecumque'
1) 'in omnibus' means 'in omnibus hominibus'?
2) I do not know why ad is here. Is this a Latin's general usage to make a sentence starting 'wherever..' in English?
3) I think 'quaecumque' is an inflection of 'quicumque'. What is the gender, number, and case? If it is neuter plural accusative, why is it in the neuter agreeing with what?   

Further to your answer to my question please give me some more explanation.

In “Quod matri pater est, hoc tibi.... ero”, now I understand the meaning of the sentence but I thought 'quod matri ..est' is a that-clause and hoc is equivalent to 'it' in English, that is, 'I will be to you what (your) father is to (your) mother. I think I am wrong but can't it be construed as this?  

If 'quod' is a rel. pron. in the neuter, what is the case of it? It's in the nominative? Then, 'hoc' also is an antecedent in the nominative?

Another one is 'plurimam', which I understand it is modifying 'salutem' and you translated it as an adverb(cordially). Right?

Finally, I try to practise my Latin composition with your comments at the end.
Please advise if they make sense.

Hope all is clear enough.
Spero omnia satis clarum esse.

Have a nice day.
Habe bonam diem. (on Internet I saw an expression 'die dulci fruere'. Is this correct and better?     

Multas gratias tibi ago.

here are my remarks about the Vulgate passage “Ecce praecipio tibi confortare et esto robustus noli metuere et noli timere quoniam tecum est Dominus Deus tuus in omnibus ad quaecumque perrexeris” (Joshua 1:9):

1)“in omnibus” stands for “in omnibus rebus”  meaning “in all things”, as we understand from the neuter plural “quaecumque” (from "quicumque").

2)the preposition “ad”  is used here because it introduces an indirect object of Place to which in the accusative case.
In fact “ad quaecumque” in the accusative neuter plural related to “omnibus [rebus]” means “to which”,  so that “in omnibus ad quaecumque perrexeris” literally means: “in all (IN OMNIBUS) things [REBUS. implied] to (AD) which/ whatever(QUAECUMQUE)  you shall have gone (PERREXERIS, future perfect of PERGO )”, i.e.: “in all things to which you will go”.
Anyway in almost all English translations of this passage that we read in St. Jerome's Latin Vulgate, which is a Late Latin text as it dates back to 4th century AD, the sentence ”ad quaecumque perrexeris ” is translated as “wherever you go”, apart from Wycliffe's Bible who says correctly:” in all things, to which thou goest” (translation made  in the year 1382).

3)"quaecumque" is exactly an inflection of "quicumque" in the accusative neuter plural, as I’ve already said. It is  in the neuter plural as it is agreeing with “omnibus [rebus]” .   

In the sentence  “Quod matri pater est, hoc tibi.... ero”, "quod matri ..est"  is a that-clause and “hoc”  is literally equivalent to "this“ and then also to  “it”  in English, so that the sentence means: "I will be to you what (your) father is to (your) mother” where the English pronoun “what” contains either the relative “quod”  or the demonstrative “hoc”  which both are in the nominative neuter singular  as “quod” is the predicate pronoun  of  the present “est” (copula)  whose subject is “pater” , and “hoc” is the predicate pronoun  of  the future “ero” (copula) whose implied subject is “ego” .

Lastly, as for  "plurimam", which is modifying "salutem", it literally means:”a great deal of “/”greatest” so that “salutem plurimam dico” literally means: ”I say  a great deal of greetings"  which however corresponds to “I greet  cordially”, since a literal translation could sound  quite strange in English, since any language has its rules and peculiarities.

Best regards,

With regard to a kind of Latin composition which is not in classical Latin, of course, whose rules and uses I’ve already told you in my previous answer, please note that “Spero omnia satis clarum esse” is wrong as you should have written “Spero  satis fore omnia pespicua” where  the future infinitive “fore”  is requested by the verb “spero”, while “perspicua” is better than “clara” (both in the neuter plural agreed with “omnia”)  as “clarus” means “shining”/”famous” rather than “intelligible”/”manifest”.

Also, “Habe bonam diem” / “Die dulci fruere” are grammatically correct, but absolutely strange in classical Latin.

Finally, the term of salutation “Salve” (2nd.person singular, present imperative of “salveo”=I am well/fine/ I am  in good health) is almost always used  with “Vale”, in taking leave, and means : ”farewell, goodby”.
Therefore in classical Latin you cannot use it at the beginning of a letter.

I am an expert in Latin Language and Literature and I'll be glad to answer any questions concerning this matter.

Over 25 years teaching experience.

I received my Ph.D. in Classics (summa cum laude) from Genova University (Italy).

This expert accepts donations: