Latin/Indirect statement

Question
Hello,

I tried to make an indirect sentence as follows.

Marcus says that it is easy.
Marcus dicit id facile esse.

Marcus says that it will be better.
Marcus dicit id melius futurum esse.  

Above sentences are correct? Please advise.

Thank you.

Answer
Hello,

both  “Marcus dicit id facile esse “ (Marcus says that it is easy) and “Marcus dicit id melius futurum esse” ( Marcus says that it will be better) are correct.

The only thing I can add is that in “ Marcus dicit id melius futurum esse” you can use the invariable form of the future infinitive  “fore”  instead of the variable form  “futurum esse” which must agree in gender and number with the term it refers to.
Therefore you can also say:"Marcus dicit id melius fore”.

Have a nice day,

Maria
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
P.S.
Have you tried to translate Ovid’s Ars Amatoria, 1, 125-130, where Ovid talks about the the abduction of the Sabine Women (ca. 750 BC) shortly after the  founding of Rome, when  Romulus, as most of  his followers  are male, and unmarried, arranged  this  abduction and acquired wives for themselves from the neighbouring  Sabine tribe that lived in that region (i.e. Latium ) before the founding of Rome?

Latin

Maria