Latin/Quote

Question
I recently saw a pin on Pinterest that read.. Vivere vehe et intrepidus.. Google is telling me it means to live passionately and fearlessly. I am painting some wall art for my home and thought this would be beautiful. So, my question is this.. Is google's translation correct? Thank you for your time.

Answer
Hello,

I’m sorry, but “Vivere vehe et intrepidus” is absolutely wrong in Latin where such a sentence makes no sense at all, as the only correct word is the infinitive form “vivere” that means “to live”.

So, if you want to say “To live passionately and fearlessly”, here’s the correct translation:” Vehementer vivere et  impavide”.
[Read more below].

Best regards,

Maria
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Note that:

-To live = VIVERE (infinitive form of the verb VIVO)

-passionately =VEHEMENTER (adverb)

-and = ET (conjunction)

-fearlessly = IMPAVIDE (adverb).

As  you can see, Latin word order can be different from English for Latin is an inflected Language where synctactical relationships are indicated by the ending, not by the order of the words.

Latin

Maria