Latin/Translation query

Question
What is the translation of "Do not try to be a God" Google translation services say "Noli esse Deum" Is it grammatically accurate ? If not what will be the proper translation.

Answer
Hello,

the translation “Noli esse Deum” is not  grammatically accurate for the accusative “Deum” is wrong.
So,"Noli esse Deus” is the correct Latin sentence where there is the nominative “Deus” instead of the accusative “Deum” which is grammatically incorrect, as you can read below.

Best regards,

Maria
___________________________________________________________________________
Note that:

-NOLI (2nd person singular, present imperative of NOLO) =do not want/do not try.

-ESSE (Complementary Infinitive Construction ; present infinitive of SUM) = to be

-DEUS (nominative case, 2nd declension) =God.
Please note that the peculiarity  of the above mentioned Complementary Infinitive Construction is that no Subject Accusative is in general admissible or conceivable (Allen and Greenough's New Latin Grammar for Schools and Colleges,§ 456, Note)

Latin

Maria