What is the latin word for consumer?
As well, what is the latin word for business?
I will make a generous donation upon receipt of this information!

the Latin word for  “consumer”  would be “emptor” (literally, “buyer/purchaser”) just in the sense that a consumer is “a person who buys goods or services for their own use”.

As for the Latin word for  “business”, it would be “negotium” (literally, “business, employment, occupation, affair") just in the meaning of “the activity of buying and selling goods and services” as well as of “work that you do to earn money” or “the amount of work done or the number of goods or services sold by a company or organization”.

Please note that “emptor” in the nominative singular  is a masculine noun belonging to the 3rd declension and means “consumer” in the singular, whereas “emptores” in the nominative plural means “consumers”.

Similarly, "negotium"in the nominative singular  is a neuter noun belonging to the 2nd declension and means “business” in the singular, whereas “negotia” in the nominative plural means “businesses”.

To sum up,"the consumer" translates as "emptor"(nominative singular) , while  "the consumers" corresponds to "emptores" (nominative plural) without the article, for in Latin there are no articles.

Similarly,"business" translates as "negotium"(nominative singular), while  "businesses" corresponds to "negotia" (nominative plural).

Lastly, I have to tell you that in Latin there are six cases (nominative, genitive, dative, accusative, vocative, ablative) with different endings, according to the role of a noun in a sentence.
For example, “versari in negotia” means “to  be engaged in businesses”, while “emergere ex negotiis” means “to free oneself from businesses”; "multi sunt emptores" means "there are many consumers", while "emptorum iudicia" means "consumers' ​attitudes".

Hope all is clear enough. Feel free however to ask me again.

Best regards,

I am an expert in Latin Language and Literature and I'll be glad to answer any questions concerning this matter.

Over 25 years teaching experience.

I received my Ph.D. in Classics (summa cum laude) from Genova University (Italy).

This expert accepts donations: