Latin/Translation of a line from a Latin hymn

Question
How do you translate this line from the hymn "Adoro Te Devote":
Et te illi semper dulce sapere".

Answer
Hello,

first of all I have to tell you that the line “Et te illi semper dulce sapere” depends on the imperative, 2nd person singular, “praesta”,  which appears in the previous line “praesta meae menti de te vivere”( literally, “allow/grant my mind to live on you”).

That being stated, the line “Et te illi semper dulce sapere” just depending on the imperative "praesta" (= allow/grant) literally means:” and always to savour you sweetly therein”.

To sum up,  “Praesta meae menti de te vivere/ Et te illi semper dulce sapere”  literally means:
”Grant /Allow my mind to live on you/ and always to  savour you therein”, i.e.:
“Grant my soul to live on you/ and always to savour you sweetly in this  particular form of the consecrated host”.

These lines,in  fact, belong to  the Eucharistic hymn “Adoro te devote” written by Saint Thomas Aquinas as a private Eucharistic prayer related to Eucharist, i.e.  the holy bread/the consecrated host that is eaten at Communion  in the Christian religious ceremony.

Hope this is clear enough.

Best regards,

Maria
___________________________________________________
Note that:

-Praesta (2nd person singular, imperative of the verb “praesto” which takes the dative case. This imperative governs the two infinitives “vivere” and “sapere”) = grant /allow

-meae (dative feminine singular of the possessive “meus” agreeing with “menti”) = my

-menti (dative singular of the feminine noun “mens”, 3rd declension) = mind/soul

-de (preposition which takes the ablative) = on

-te ( ablative  of the 2nd singular person pronoun) = you

-vivere  (present infinitive of “vivo”) = to live

-Et = and

-te ( accusative of the 2nd singular person pronoun. Direct object of "sapere") = you

-illi  (old form  of the adverb  “illic”) = therein/ in a particular form/place

-semper  =always

-dulce (adverb) = sweetly

-sapere (present infinitive of the verb “sapio” depending on the imperative "praesta") = to savour

Latin

Maria