Latin/How to say "day for day" in Latin?

Question
Hi Maria. I am starting a new business and I would like to know how to say "Day for Day" in Latin. As in live day for day or day by day. (It's for bracelets and a percentage will go to charities such as clean water, hunger etc)

I have talked with another person who is good in latin and the person told me "Diem Ex Die" is correct. I just wanted to double check?

Kind regards

Al.

Answer
Hello,

“Day by day”  translates correctly as “Diem ex die” as well as “In dies” or “In singulos dies”.  

All these translations are correct and then you can use the one you like best.

Please note that  the noun “diem “ in “Diem ex die” is an Accusative of Time just like the plural forms “In dies” or “In singulos dies”.

Read more below

Best regards,

Maria
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Grammatical analysis.

-DIEM (accusative singular of the noun  DIES [=day], 5th declension)

-EX ( preposition which takes the ablative case )

-DIE (ablative singular of DIES)
______________________________________________________-

-IN (preposition which takes the accusative )

-SINGULOS (accusative plural of SINGULI, distributive numeral). This distributive adjective can also be omitted and then say simply "In dies".

-DIES (accusative plural)

Latin

Maria