Latin/Latin Nomenclature - Trinomial

I am a retired community college biological sciences professor and I have a question about a subspecies of a butterfly that I described and published in a journal.  Subspecies are the third name of a trinomial and I described it as

Callophrys dumetorum oregonensis

The genus name Callophrys (Greek) means “beautiful eyelashes”, I believe.  However,...

1. What does the Latin word “dumetorum” mean?
2. Is the trinomial best written as “oregonensis” or “oregona” in the combination given above?

Thanking you for the answer to these two questions, I am

Glenn A. Gorelick  

1) "Dumetorum" is the genitive plural of "dumetum" and means:  of the thickets or brambles.  Genitives of description are often used in species names for the discoverer, e.g., Psittacus alexandri (Alexander's parrot).

2) "Oregonensis" is an adjective (of Oregon), composed by joining the name of a place (here, Oregon) to the adjectival suffix "-ensis", which is commonly used to form the adjective for a place name, e.g., Berkleiensis (of Berkeley).  "Oregona" would be a Latinization of Oregon as a first-declension feminine noun, e.g., "in Oregona" (in Oregon).  However, in the trinomial usage, you want an adjective, so "Oregonensis" is correct.

Ph.D. Cand. in Classical Languages. Conversant with all forms of the language: classical, mediaeval, and modern.

I have 50 years of teaching at all levels of Latin from high school through university postgraduate. I read, write, and speak Latin daily.

American Classical League, American Philological Association

A.B., M.A., Ph.D. Cand. in Classics.